Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

5 Benefits of Using Synthetic Motor Oils

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  dsfloyd 
#1 ·
5 Benefits of Using Synthetic Motor Oils

A few years ago, the use of synthetic motor oils was not in vogue. It was difficult to find people who admitted to use synthetic motor oils. But, now-a-days, the use of synthetic motor oils is in vogue on account of different reasons. And off course you can find such synthetic oils one the shelves of several retailers of industrial lubricants. A number of people are turning to use of synthetic motor oils instead of traditional petroleum based motor oils.

There are several reasons and benefits of using synthetic motor oils:

1. Synthetic oils are comparatively costlier than of traditional petroleum based oils at purchase. But, these oils last long and require fewer oils changes. They have excellent heat and oxidation resistance to control sludge deposits and extend oil life. Thus, they save time and money both.

2. Synthetic oils have higher initial viscosity index and less viscosity breakdown rather than traditional industrial lubricants. They have more uniformly sized molecules and superior viscosity stability. Due to superior viscosity they provide bearing protection for trustworthy engine operation. Hence, they provide less heat and more protection to the engine. In other world, they provide longer engine life.

3. In petroleum based conventional motor or engine oils, some useless ingredients are found. To remove these ingredients from the oil is too expensive and complicated task. The breakdown of these ingredients in engine produces sludge and affects the performance of the engine and its parts and produce pollution as well. In synthetic oils such ingredients are not found. They are especially prepared for specific purposes and specific vehicles such as gear oils, motorcycle oils, heat transfer fluids, 2 stoke & 4 stroke motor oils, etc. They provide better lubrication & performance and less pollution rather than conventional engine oils.

4. In cold temperatures, conventional petroleum based motor/engine oils or lubricants become solid. But synthetic motor oils remains fluid even in extreme cold. Synthetic oils flow quickly to engine parts and help your engine operate more smoothly and efficiently over a longer period of time. The uses of synthetic engine oils reduce friction & wear greatly and make your engine enable to start faster. In this way, one can save enough per year in fuel.

5. The use of synthetic motor oils also controls acid formation providing higher protection. They help engines start easier and protect against wear.

The use of synthetic motor oils regularly makes you enable for lower maintenance and longer life of your engines and their components. Thus, you can save money by saving fuel and maintenance cost and can provide your engines longer life. You can also save the crisis of petroleum. So, always use synthetic motor oils.

See less See more
#4 ·
Mine leaks anyways so would it turn it into niagra falls?

If so does synthetic oil have the same rust inhibitor qualities of dino oil :D I could really keep that chassis rust free then lol

#9 ·
I like watermelon :D

#10 ·
Yeah but it only cost $40 to replace all the old dino oil with new dino oil::buttrock:. And I'm a cheap bastard so that made me happy :D. It was cheap enough that I even lathered up in the extra oil....oops maybe a little too much info:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.