Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

my new hybrid project

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  gordo 
#1 ·
I thought I started a post over here but here are a few photos from my latest hybrid build. I got the idea from Sams "strange rover" years ago on Pirate. I figured this one would be cheap and so far Ive built it all from profits from a FJ82 I turned and burned, and parting parts off two other rovers. running out of money fast though!
Okay, its all different series body parts I got for 600 complete. It has a LD28 Nissan diesel I refurbed mated to a LT95 with Marks adapter. 37 inch boggers. Disco frame that was a gift with title. To make it fun for the kids, we are doing a rat rod theme on it. 27 cans of .96 cent WM spray paint so far. Ive traded for some rear Maxi Drive axles and I'll Lincoln the rear. The front isnt cheap so when the time comes I am going to have to shell out for that. Well I cant figure out how to post photos so heres a link you can check if your bored! Gordo

Florida Landrover Club - General Discussion

#6 ·
About time :D

#7 ·
Well it finished, minus the cage and the smoke stack. The thing is a BEAST on the trail. Love having the LT95 manual. Everything worked great at the FLRC rally late April. Here a link to a video if you are interested. Ugly but does the job. Haha just saw the old hybrid in there too... when its over click on the green 90ish looking hybrid all the way to the left. I got stuck towing that red rangie and had to be rescued. Hope you like them. Gordo

#8 ·
Well it finished, ...
nice man, I hear Tim the Toolman Taylor affirmative grunts in the distant background already !

well done,

mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.