Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum - View Single Post - LR2 Tailgate won't open!
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 03:28 PM
srosro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You've probably already solved this, but here's my experience:

I had this problem once. I was under the impression that something was stuck in the latch area (ie, a strap). The car thought the tailgate was open and would honk when I attempted to lock it.

I was able to open it by having someone pull on the outside (not too hard as to prevent them from pulling off the handle/trim) while I applied about 150lbs of force from the inside. It took everything I had but I was able to get it to pop open without damage.

After I opened the tailgate I couldn't find anything blocking the latch. The problem hasn't recurred. Strange.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 LR2

Installed tow hitch, bull bar, roof rack, hitch-mounted winch, and all-terrain tires. Photos and more details @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Looking to install a front-bumper hitch, lift-kit (if I can find one), rear access ladder, front sump guard and rear tank guard.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome