Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Fuel pressure

14K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  p76rangie 
#1 ·
1998 discovery series 1 v8...throttle body...what fuel pump pressure

#3 ·
True but the LR regulators old or new I have tested resulted in pressure readings that were near the minimum spec range of the LR Factory Shop manual specs.
Depending on the year and model like my 95 D1 w/2002 4.6, GEMS with distributor as example. Installed a BMW 3.0 regulator which fit perfectly now providing fuel pressure at the upper maximum range allowing for better injector fuel flow streams. Must add I replaced the single dribble Lucas injectors of 80's design with Bosch 4 hole injectors with a narrow 15* fan spray pattern. Finer spray pattern one fourth the diameter of Lucas's single dribble injectors times four.
A vast improvement in overall running plus now instant starts hot or cold by the second cylinder having a complete compression cycle. Usually the first cylinder over compression hasn't the chance for a complete compression cycle as it might of stopped part way up the compression stroke last time the crank stopped rotation.
Rocking the D1 body in 2nd gear (i'm a 5 speed) enough to jar the crank rotating it enough to for the next cylinder on compression it will fire up, shudder then lug away until it reaches its normal idle rpm's. It NEVER started that quickly with OEM Lucas injectors. Trouble free happy miles going on seven years and counting. :nerd

#17 ·
The basic fact is that 0.5 bar is 7.25 psi higher than the motor requires.
This means that the motor will run richer at all times except when the O2 sensor is active at cruise.
All you appear to want to debate is how much richer it will run.
Based on all the different settings I have tried on my adjustable fuel regulator, it will be running a lot richer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.