Latest Customer Review Defender - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Latest Customer Review Defender

This review can been seen on Google if you type Vortex exhaust technology and on the left hand side you will see a google reviews

Can a new exhaust really achieve so much? Better fuel economy, lower emissions and more power?

Believe me, it really can. Imagine this:
A Land Rover Defender (OK mine - 11 years old - has a Transit Engine and gearbox). What are they famous for? Slow, uncomfortable, expensive to run, dirty and noisy (even though they still made the "Cool wall" through two series of Top Gear). Not mine. Not after having a Vortex Exhaust system fitted.

I had my system fitted by Vortex in Grays. Brilliant people; friendly, accommodating and I had a really enjoyable time as they fed me tea, showed me a cut-away system, explaining how the low pressure was formed as well as stories about butler sinks, horse feed theft and how their system was adopted by northern train operators. The quality of the manufacture was very good.

The system was being fitted 2 days before a 250 mile journey to Exmoor. The night before travelling, I spotted a nasty, oily trail on the road when I parked up at home. A search underneath the following morning showed this to be a fuel leak, having just filled up.

Before the new exhaust, if I was careful I could reach 30mpg (28 being the usual average). After 750 miles I had an average of 36mpg, so a 20% improvement, and I didn't need to be careful and I had a fuel leak.

Performance-wise, well it is a Defender. It's never going to be a racer, but I am glad that I uprated the brakes. This thing just goes and goes up to its limited 87mph (I would imagine). It pulls like a train. It is quieter (normal conversation at motorway speeds, radio can be kept much quieter), I need to make fewer gear changes to get up hills. And I've not seen any exhaust smoke either at start-up or under heavy load.

The one minor downside is that I have less "engine-braking" than before as the engine isn't having to pump the exhaust gases out so hard.

I saw the Wheeler-Dealers Cobra clone episode and wondered if the Vortex exhaust could do something for my Landie. The answer is an emphatic "Yes it can".

Would I recommend it? Well I've become the "pub bore". The system has transformed my car.

So in summary. Excellent product, nice people, why wouldn't you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Defender

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in