2008 lr2 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2008 lr2

Looking for land rover love in all the wrong places when it comes to the key fob which is now a paperweight. Replaced battery and the vehicle refuses to leave the parking spot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 11:37 AM
Rover-Holic and Admin

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
what's it doing what's it not doing if you want help you have to give us more to go off of.

oh and welcome

1972 MGB
2006 Bonatti Grey LR3 Proud Rhino Bumper, Baja Rack and TF underbody skid plates almost 33's lol
2007 Chawton White LR3 Proud Rhino lift rods
1983 Trident Green 110, TerraFirma suspension, and bumpers
1991 Range Rover Classic Hunter Eastnor Green

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The key fob has not worked for any functions other than starting the vehicle for some time. Recently, the starting process became intermittent several attempts to start I would resort to the system check process of placing the key in the docking station and then pressing the start/stop button with my foot off the brake. The system check completes and then the next starting attempt works or I have to wait for 10 to 15 minutes and numerous system checks to finally get the car going. I was finally fed up and decided to work through the reasoning behind the problem. Battery, alternator as per Autozone all checked out. I went to a battery supply store and the employee opened the key fob to discover it was a rechargeable battery that they did not stock and would have to be ordered. The key fob was reassembled and I promptly tried to start the vehicle - the docking station would not accept it, so after a zillion attempts the key would not charge nor start the car. It has been sitting in front of the battery supply store for over a week. The rechargeable battery that was ordered has been delivered and installed and the key still does not work. Is there a simple reset to get the key fob to be accepted and get this car moving? We have tried jump starting and that did nothing. I am so determined to avoid having it towed to the dealer and paying unnecessary sums of money for a new key.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Freelander / LR2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in