A/C Recharge - service valve location? - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A/C Recharge - service valve location?

I am trying to recharge the Freon in my 2008 LR2 but I am unable to locate the service valves / ports that are usually clearly visible on the lines from the compressor.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Found!

I found the two A/C service ports. The HP is up near the fire wall, passenger side and the LP is inside the compartment just in front of windshield (above and behind HP), also passenger side.

Last edited by 2008LR2 in FL; 09-26-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Text not posted
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:23 AM

Not much support for the LR2 forum. Did you have any success with the recharge? I also have a 2008 LR2 which seems to take a while to get cool. Have you had any issues worth discussing with yours? I just purchased mine a few months back and wondering what to expect.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 09:46 PM

Don't forget that the AC compressor is lubricated by oil in the AC system. When serviced by an AC engineer this will be extracted and replaced when the freon is recharged. AC compressor changes are expensive. An AC service costs less than £50 in the UK so well worth having done by a professional.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 11:23 PM

I think if you are having problems with your heating or cooling system, itís important to address these issues as soon as possible. Allowing a problem with your HVAC system to persist may only cause more widespread damage and increase the cost of operating the system. In many cases, if problems are not fixed within a timely manner, they ultimately cause permanent damage to the system that requires full replacement to restore normal function.So whenever need to replace or repair Air conditioning Heating and cooling system call air conditioning repair.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 11:29 PM

I think if you are having problems with your heating or cooling system, itís important to address these issues as soon as possible. Allowing a problem with your HVAC system to persist may only cause more widespread damage and increase the cost of operating the system. In many cases, if problems are not fixed within a timely manner, they ultimately cause permanent damage to the system that requires full replacement to restore normal function.So whenever need to replace or repair Air conditioning Heating and cooling system call air conditioning repair.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 09:52 AM

AC Recharge ports not labelled "High" or "Low"

This information is correct for the US model; the high side is just inside the 6 cylinder gas engine by the firewall, the low side is inside the compartment, both on the passenger side. Both are labelled "MAX 6 Nm", not "High" or "Low".

Note: to place the Recharge gauge on the low side port you will need to partially remove the plastic shroud with a phillips screwdriver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Freelander / LR2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in