FreeLander HelpPLEASE!!!! - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation FreeLander HelpPLEASE!!!!

I have an 02 Freelander, I have had a new engine put in and it keeps throwing Too Lean codes. The garage that put in the engine has had it for 2mo chasing codes, and said they have tried everything and is telling me I need to have the ECU flashed. Anyone know if this is true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Needs ECU reflashed sounds like code for "we have no idea".

By "new engine" do you mean new in a crate from Rover, a reman or a used engine from a yard? Guessing a used engine. As problem prone as these engines are, the chances of finding a good one are slim. The major recyclers won't even touch them. At any rate, the ECU is getting information that is telling it something. If there are differences between what was in the vehicle and what's there now, that could be your problem. Or it could be just a vacuum leak. The issue you have is that whoever did the work doesn't have a clue what they were doing and they've left you in a mess. An 02 Freelander with a bad engine should have never been repaired in the first place and a reputable shop would have told you that. Now you don't have enough in the game to be worth suing. Try small claims court and dump the FL for what you can get. It's not going to get any better. If you take it to another shop that actually knows what they're doing, it's going to cost you $$$. That's if they'll even touch someone else's mess.

Sorry. Wish you'd have come here before seeking repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Freelander / LR2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in