LR2 - Oil Return Tube Leak! - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question LR2 - Oil Return Tube Leak!

Hey all-

Here's a fun one. I was under my 2014 LR2 turbo-4 the other day, and I noticed an oil leak. It was coming from what I think is an "oil return tube's" mounting point to the engine. It's a metal pipe, about 3/8" thick, about 4" long, and is mounted by a bracket with two bolts at either side.

One of those two mounting bolts was not tight at all, and that's where the leak was coming from. It was very difficult to get my hands/socket in there, but I did try to tighten it down. Couldn't. I think the threads inside that bolt hole are stripped.

Question is - has anyone else randomly had this issue? I dropped it with a mechanic I trust and does work on range rovers.... Does anyone have experience with this / know if they will to drop the engine to heli-coil such a bolt? I think so. Yikes....

The pipe is #11 on this diagram, I am pretty sure:

Any help/discussion here is appreciated. While the engine is out, any other ideas on maintenance I should do? I just bought the LR2 HSE (my first LR) at about 100k for a great price of 13k. It's a 2014.

Thank you in advance all-

Phil

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Freelander / LR2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in