will not pass NJ inspection - Not supported codes - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Post will not pass NJ inspection - Not supported codes

Had a real problem with this. Had car inspected 7 times. dealer and other mechanics kept resetting the ECU and put more miles on it.
the thing that finally fixed it was replacing the ECU British call PCU. with a used one found on E-Bay $70.00.
then had to be reprogrammed by Land Rover dealer $450.00.
If you buy an ECU make sure to ask if the VIN number was erased so it can be reprogrammed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Congrats but no clue how you were able to do this. I tried my best nobody could do it and the dealer here outright refused. I ended up purchasing a used IC, ECU, BCU from the same junkyard car.

It increased my odometer to 150k lowering the value of my car and now it can't talk to the remote key FOB alarm unit. Now I can't use the front roof light or the radio will not turn off.

I tried my best and everyone either could not do it or only wanted to take advantage of me. I still have the old IC, ECU and BCU. I would reconnect it if it was possible. I even have a Nanocom and it doesn't work I cannnot figure it out.

1999 LR DII Performance Package with various Mods
Valentine One
Passport 9500ix
6 x Anti-Theft Camera System
2 x Anti-Theft Tracking devices
Veil Laser Paint
Anti-Laser Police Laser Jammer (5 heads + Dragon Eye protection) + Parking Sensors
Police Scanner + Waze
Powerful Pro-tuned CB-Radio with Fire-Stik
Remote+Hardwired License Plate Concealer
Armormax Bullet Proof Glass
Armormax Caltrop Deployment System
Steel Undercarriage Guards (Steering, Diff axles, Gas tank)
Voyager Roof Rack+six Jerrycans and five stacked Rotopax
Maxxis Razr Offroad Tires+Lift+LED bar
Allisport UK Aluminum Radiator
Allisport UK aluminum coolant tank with sight glass and coolant level sensor
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 12:46 AM
Expert Crate Digger

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLADiscoII99 View Post
It increased my odometer to 150k lowering the value of my car and now it can't talk to the remote key FOB alarm unit. Now I can't use the front roof light or the radio will not turn off.
added 150K miles for ecu & bcu swap????? and still have trouble with the alarm???
fk that. Sorry... You got screwed dude.

MIKE
- 2001 Discovery 2 SE (NAS LHD) MYRTLE, 110K miles, 4.0L V8, NGK Iridium IX plugs, PCV mod, 180* T-stat, Hayden fan clutch/Dorman fan, removed TBH, SAI modded K&N filter, Safari Gard steel guards, Warn XD9000i winch, KO2 265/75R16 on steel rims, EBC rotors/Akebono pads, +2 TF lift & LEDs
- UltraGauge Blue, Foxwell NT510, Nanocom D2 V8 & TD5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUKE179r View Post
added 150K miles for ecu & bcu swap????? and still have trouble with the alarm???
I do not have trouble with the alarm. The remote key-FOB unit (on top of the roof near the second dome light) doesn't communicate with the BCU anymore and the radio will not turn off unless I turn the front dome light off.

You have to program a used BCU to make it work if your ECU and IC don't match. I am in Las Vegas and there are no good Land Rover mechanics here. None. They all had Autologic and said they could not reprogram a used BCU and told me I had to buy a new blank BCU (perhaps they were lying to fill their pockets).

Here is the thing - New blank BCU's are out of stock. LR doesn't have a supplier anymore. So in other words .. as of now there are no blank BCU's from Land Rover.

I was told only TestBook software at the Dealership could reprogram a used BCU by all the mechanics I tried here. Then when I went to the Dealership they refused to reprogram the used BCU I got off ebay.... and qouted me over $3 grand to fix and refused to budge.

I refused the quote and after much studying did the best solution I could .... which was a "brain transplant". It's discussed on the forums here.

So I got the parts used for $100 and installed it myself fired it up and it worked. I used the Nanocom to get the IC to sync up and everything works. Now I just need to replace the key FOB unit on the roof.

But yea it sucks.

Valentine One
Passport 9500ix
Veil Laser Paint
Anti-Laser Police Laser Jammer (5 heads + Dragon Eye protection) + Parking Sensors
Police Scanner + Waze
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUKE179r View Post

Hi I responded to you but the moderator deleted it and I'm not gonna write out all that stuff again.

Basically I had no other choice. All the mechanics I went do could not do it,. told me I needed Testbook, only Dealer has testbook, dealer could not clear the alarm off my BCU .. refused to install used BCU.. wanted over 3 grand ,, Land Rover Las Vegas outright refused to install and sync a used BCU off ebay ... they wanted over 3 grand for a job I did myself for $100 and 30 minutes.

so I had no choice but to spend $100 on used parts and do the install myself .. this light radio key-Fob thing was a side effect I will get around to replacing eventually

Valentine One
Passport 9500ix
Veil Laser Paint
Police Scanner + Waze
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 10:39 AM
Discomania I

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did you call Inland Rovers here in Riverside, Ca. Talk to Gordon and see what he thinks. You could even drive down for a weekend and give it a go if he has the software. If he does not (which I doubt) there are another 3 or 4 guys who might - plus a day at the beach!. FWIW I only have allcoms for my RR's. D1's are jailbroken...or just plain broken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Freelander / LR2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in