Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

transmission question

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  p76rangie 
#1 ·
Hey, I have a Landrover Discovery II 2003 that had the driveshaft fall out and ruined the transmission. I have since purchased and put in a previously working transmission from another discovery. Unfortunately I am running into a problem because I cannot get enough transmission fluid into the car, only about 3 quarts have gone in. The car starts but the transmission will not engage. I have tried shifting through gears to ensure the transmission fluid was properly distributed however the car will not move because the transmission will not engage. Please help! Thanks, Lauren

#2 ·
Did you make sure the torque convertor was fitted all the way into the transmission before fitting it. It can often feel all the way in when it is not. Then when you bolt the transmission to the motor you break the oil pump on the transmission (which is what the torque convertor fits into). No oil pump no moving the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.