ARB winch front bumper fo Range Rover Classic - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SOLD :ARB winch front bumper fo Range Rover Classic

Good shape ARB winch bumper fitted to a none off roading Range Rover Classic for about 2 months. Winch never installed. $550obo

Would trade for 1995 Classic factory parts it replaces bumper and dam etc. plus $200 obo

email [email protected]

Items in San Francisco bay area

Last edited by Rangie Mark; 08-30-2004 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 09:36 AM

Trade for ARB wich bumper

Would you be willing to trade for a Great Divide Edition ARB bumper in excellent shape?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 09:41 AM
LRO Founder

What's the Great Divid ARb Bumper? How does it differ?

Serg

Current Vehicles:
1994 Defender 90, 35k original miles
2003 BMW 540iT M Sport
2004 Element Skateboard (Indy trucks, Bones Swiss, etc...)

Past LR's:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 09:25 AM

A Great Divide bumper was a limited edition ARB that came on the Gread Divide edition RRC. It is an Aluminum non-winch ARB bumper that says Range Rover on the front. It does not stick out in front of the grill quite as much as a winch ARB does. Personally, I think it looks real nice on classics, and I bought it not realizing what it was until it came. I want one for hardcore off-roading, and I do not want to use this one too much, because it is a rare item. If you would like pictures, please let me know, and I can e-mail you some.

Jeremy
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Item is sold!

Sold bumper
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 12:04 PM

The bumper that came on the Great Divide, was not made by ARB...it does look like one though. It's actually aluminum and very light weight...they're nice units, just not at bulletproof as the ARB. We sold ours in January and it was much nicer to ship than the heavier ARB!

I was recently regretting selling ours, as I think if properly modified, it would make a nice rear bumper...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 06:57 AM

Is the great divide a winch mount one and do you want to sell it???? Kelly
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 12:42 PM

I have the GD bumper from 91, so it is not a winch mount, and yes I am still wanting to sell it, but only if I can get an ARB steel bumper with the deal. I need something to put on the front, and it does not need to be a winch mount, I have a front reciever hitch and am getting the new Warn portable winch. Better for withstanding the harsh MN environment.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 08:06 PM

Warn portable winch

Is the front reciever hitch the same as a rear hitch?
Did you engineer the front hitch or is there a standard design?
So the Warn portable will work on both sides of the vehicle?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 05:37 AM

The front reciever hitch I have I engineered myself (I'm a mechanical engineer and do this kind of thing for a living), to fit very tightly up behind the bumper so that Ican maintain maximum approach angles. I chopped one off of a wreaked Jeep Wrangler (he he), and cut and welded mounting plattes out of 1/4" steel plating. It bolts onto the bumper mounting bolts, as well as the big one that the front steering guard bolts to.
Rovers North sells a factory made on. And yes the winch can be used either in the front or the back, it requires a bit extra wiring to use it in the back, but if you know what you are doing, it's not that big of a deal.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 07:59 AM

Warn Front Portable

Great Info. Thanks.
Harsh MN enviornment similair to Upstate NY.
Several more questions:
Can you use the stock Rover Classic bumper on the front with your winch modification? My vehicle is a '92 Rover classic.
What is Rover North?
Any chance of seeing pics of your modification? I have relatives in St. Paul.
THANKS!!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 07:38 PM

Yes you can, but the air dam would have to go, if it hasn't already. However, speaking from experience, the stock bumpers don't offer much protection, and if you plan on doing much of any offroading, you need something more.
Rovers North is the best place to buy rover parts in my opinion. Great prices, great help. go to www.roversnorth.com
Also, for a bumper, you might try Rover Specialties, located in St. Paul. try www.roverspecialties.com
I can get you pics eventually, I'm in Milwaukee for school, and so is my digital camera, while the rover is home in MN. If you give me your email, I'll send you pics next time I go home.

Jeremy
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 07:45 PM

got some pics???

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverguy10
The front reciever hitch I have I engineered myself (I'm a mechanical engineer and do this kind of thing for a living), to fit very tightly up behind the bumper so that Ican maintain maximum approach angles. I chopped one off of a wreaked Jeep Wrangler (he he), and cut and welded mounting plattes out of 1/4" steel plating. It bolts onto the bumper mounting bolts, as well as the big one that the front steering guard bolts to.
Rovers North sells a factory made on. And yes the winch can be used either in the front or the back, it requires a bit extra wiring to use it in the back, but if you know what you are doing, it's not that big of a deal.
I would like to see the work you did..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only Classifieds > Land Rover Parts and Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in