Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Land Rover Tow Truck

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  XtremeMarine 
#1 ·
I'm sure everyone reading this can relate:

A good friend calls this morning, it rained quite a bit last night, and in his haste while turning around on a dead end road, he managed to put his back tires onto soft ground... 5-10 minutes pass as he manages to back further and further off the road, sinking all 4 wheels, and lodging himself almost up to the doors. (picture okierover). No big deal, except that it is his work truck, a 350 superduty turbo diesel extended cab/bed (translation to me: really big truck).

I backed my bone stock '90 Classic into the mess, as the road was now too far away to effectively reach, finally used my only offroad purchase to date- kinetic recovery rope & shackles... hooked in, dropped into 4 lo and out we crawled. 1st try.

Rover Victory!

#5 ·
Very nice!!

#10 ·
I pulled 2 F250's out of the snow at the same time with my 93 LWB. They were plowing a parking lot and one guy ran his plow over the snowbank and got stuck, the other tried to pull him out and was just spinning his tires. I hooked my truck to the second F250 and we managed to pull the stuck truck out over the bank. I towed a Toyota up a long slick ice covered road the other day with my Disco, we made a bridle with my tow strap and hooked my shackles through his tow hooks. I just locked the diff, threw it into low range and chugged up the hill with him in tow. He wasn't paying attention when I came to a stop and nearly wrecked his hood on my tow fitting.

#12 ·
JC; that's only because of how you drive. LMAO! You've got to remember to send in a recon vehicle first.

#13 ·
I think the heaviest I've ever had to tow was our factory's 10 ton capacity Clarke forklift. W've got a boat graveyard behind the main factory for our plugs, molds, and test boats. Sometimes, a new guy will take out the forklifts after's it's rained. The old crew know not to, lol. Some newbie chico framed our Clarke, and Tonka pulled him out in low. Nobody thought I'd be able to do it. I've done it over a dozen times now. They don't even try using the other fork trucks, they just tell me to go home and get "big yella".
A couple of years ago I had to pull out two 2wd duallies out of the local mud hole. Can't believe southern kids, they're just ignorant. Trying to mud a dually ford and a dually chevy 2wd's with stock tires. Morons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.