Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

09 Range Rover Nav ?s

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  dastugatz 
#1 ·
I have the west coast nav disc in the system ( I dont have the east coast yet) - when i remove it - the system says need nav disc. I insert the disc and it populates all the information - I can set the position with the map location and it works fine - sets destination screen comes up person talks and im on my way.

When i go the normal route of clicking "on road nav"and go to input address>Destination entry> address... i click that nothing happens, I click SOS nothing happens, POI nothing happens - the green boarded shows up then goes away.

i am thinking the reader is bad in the drive has anyone had this happen? I have not diagnosed yet I will work on that monday.

will changing the disc to east coast make a difference?

#2 ·
Update iam replacing the gps unit trying a ebay one

when i removed the gps hardware the rest of the system would operate normally and the screen said gps not fitted.

I reached out to denso requesting repairs if anything happens with that i will update.

#5 · (Edited)
sorry for the late reply the Nav replacement was easier than expected. You can get to the bolts on the left (looking at it) easily.. - the ones on the right by the sub took some messing around with - i was able to find a replacement on ebay without an issue even came with the disc.

I was having some issues with the dvd changer on a road trip of all times so i took that all apart and white lithuium greased all the rails and cleaned the laser up... while open much better performance plays burned discs better.

it was then i realized the whole media rack unbolts. When i took the sub out - i added some filling into the hollow box and the bass went up a bit. we also found the video wire in the dvd loom which will allow me to hook a raspberry pi up to all three screens.. you still need the dvds power to enable the screens properly.. With some more digging you should be able to intercept the vehicle send signals to by pass the dvd changer totally.

I am ripping the headliner out in the coming weeks to replace it with suede and a Rolls Royce ceiling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.