2006 LR3 4.4L Coolant Steam and Overheating - Page 3 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, everyone

First of all, I love my 2006 Range Rover 4.4 HSE. so far 140000 miles on the one I am using since 2012. Besides the usual maintenance which, I am able to do because of previous mechanical knowledge; I practically have no major problem with it.
I have gone thru the most common codes and even air suspension leaks. Some I come to understand and deal with. I am currently replacing most of the cable: Door, hood, tailgate etc... when they fail

I love the car so much, that I recently purchased another one from a friend with an overheating problem. So far, the radiator seems to be fine. The Thermostat is replaced. There is no leak that I can detect, The car has 147000 on the clock. I am told that the initial problem had to do with the water pump and was replaced.

Symptom: The car will run for 20-30 minutes at normal temperature before the fan accelerates and the temperature gauge starts moving very fast to the red zone." I usually turn off the car by then"

I do my best to bleed the system correctly on a few occasion

I am afraid that I am dealing with a blown head gasket. Any comments or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > General Land Rover Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in