HDC Fault; System Unavailable - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HDC Fault; System Unavailable

Hey Rover Heads,

Hate to be the guy on the internet doing this but I need your experience to help me out. I've had an '08 LR3 for about a 1.5 years now with minimal issues in 8k miles (68k total). I was at my parent's house this weekend for mother's day and my dad was messing with my truck without me seeing/realizing it. I had no faults, nor have I had any issues with the truck in a year and a half. He said he stuck his ODB reader into it and cleared a coolant fault, and annoyingly doesn't remember exactly what it said. Then drove it to the store, and when he got back he asked me what this message means. I walked outside and my truck was reading "HDC Fault System Unavailable"

I then took the vehicle to the store later after being unable to figure it out in a short period of time, and the truck starts fine, drives around for 30 seconds, and then shows that warning. That's the only thing it's showing. No "Normal Ride Height Only" or "Special Programs Unavailable" luckily. I did some online research and found a lot of people blaming the battery voltage for this issue but I have a couple things to say about that. One, I changed this battery when I bought the car a year and a half ago so it's pretty new. Two, I'm not receiving any other faults other than just the one. However my dad, annoyingly, is the person that killed my battery when I first got the truck 1.5 years ago because he changed the lights from automatic to on, then left it on all afternoon. I noticed he moved the lights to on when he took my vehicle to the store just yesterday too.

Anyway, any shared experience would be really appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > General Land Rover Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« Moving to TN | -