new guy looking for mid 90's disco and info - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new guy looking for mid 90's disco and info

i've gone through my midlife crisis a few years early... 21... and i am selling my cruiser bike right now and will have about 8k to sink into a disco. i was thinking 94-96 would be best for my price range. i'm also a off-road n00b and would like some "internet idiots guide to not getting stuck in the mud" articles if possible, thanks. i am taking a look at a 98 disco 90k for 8,000$ in a few days along with a 96 disco 80k for 7,500$.

it'll be used during college years so low mileage... but 1/4 of that time will be off road probably. help i'm a n00bie and i can't help myself, feel free to link me to death. starting with a stock disco, what is a good starter mod if i plan ot offroad small creeks/muddy roads (no boulders). thanks.

austin

ps - sorry for posting this in the disco lounge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 07:18 PM

I posted some response to this issue in your other thread, keep looking, you should be able to find several D1's to choose from. I have a 96', it is serving us well. D1's were only available in the U.S. from 94 to early 99, 94 & 95 models have distributors, 96 & up have coil packs, the first letters of the V.I.N. should read SALJY. Diesel Disco's are N/A for the American folk, though! Thank You, LRW.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tire
"internet idiots guide to not getting stuck in the mud"
The idea is that you DO get stuck, but then you get yourself unstuck!
Don't go off roading by yourself, preferably take a second vehicle, but you can get by with plenty of rope, an axe and a spade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > General Land Rover Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in