Windows 7 Beta - Forums problem - Page 3 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_windows_team View Post
I am an actual MS employee. The Outreach Team is relatively new so we are working to develop a name for ourselves on forums like Land Rovers Only. If you ever see one of us in a forum feel free to ask us Microsoft related questions. We do our best to answer the questions we can and if not we are usually able to point people towards an answer.
Cool...

So Jeff, I'm currently beta testing XP Pro on my wife's laptop (just kidding)... anyway, how do I get .NET framework service pack 1 to install? It downloads from the Windows Update site with no problems but a few minutes into the install it stops and says it encountered problems and was not installed. The laptop is fully updated and patched without problems except for this update. My other computers had no problems with this update.
Any ideas? TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Rover-Holic and Admin

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Well Landy I'm digging the kubuntu but, my screen is flashing slash glitching so I have to figure that out lol :banghead:

1972 MGB
2006 Bonatti Grey LR3 Proud Rhino Bumper, Baja Rack and TF underbody skid plates almost 33's lol
2007 Chawton White LR3 Proud Rhino lift rods
1983 Trident Green 110, TerraFirma suspension, and bumpers
1991 Range Rover Classic Hunter Eastnor Green

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Truth > Freedom

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpfl View Post
Cool...

So Jeff, I'm currently beta testing XP Pro on my wife's laptop (just kidding)... anyway, how do I get .NET framework service pack 1 to install? It downloads from the Windows Update site with no problems but a few minutes into the install it stops and says it encountered problems and was not installed. The laptop is fully updated and patched without problems except for this update. My other computers had no problems with this update.
Any ideas? TIA
Try downloading the fullfile: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
It will usually get you around the occasional Microsoft Update glitch. Just download and run...

Chazz Layne |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 02:06 AM

I'll give it a shot... thanks Chazz
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 02:21 AM

Oops.. I should have been more specific. .NET framework 3.5 service pack 1 is the one that won't install. Versions 1 and 2 installed with no problems. This laptop just won't accept the newer version.
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 08:51 AM

I am not Microsoft tech support, so bear with me as I try to find a solution to your problem tcpfl. First off try downloading it manually from Download details: .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 rather than Windows Updater. Secondly, be sure that you have Windows Installer 3.1 installed on your computer. You may also want to take a look around the following forums for people with a similar issue. I looked at a few of the threads regarding problems installing this SP and there are a few Microsoft MVPs giving out advice on the matter- .NET Framework Setup : .NET Development : MSDN Forums
Let me know how it goes.
Jeff
Windows Outreach Team
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 09:31 AM

Thanks Jeff, I'll give it a try.
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 11:24 AM

Okay, it didn't work with the bootstrap or the full version. Both start to install and after a short time stop with a message saying the program encountered problems and then it wants to send an error report to Microsoft.

I know you probably have better things to do than to try to figure this out and the laptop works fine without the update so I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks for your help anyway
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 01:02 PM

Bummer those fixes didnít help you Tom. I'd dig around that TechNet forum when you feel the urge to give it a whirl again. Nice dolphin fish in your signature picture by the way.
Chazz- I have not seen any plans in the hopper for a hostile takeover but Iíll keep my eyes peeled

Jeff
Windows Outreach Team
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 PM
The Zebra

Quote:
Bummer those fixes didnít help you Tom. I'd dig around that TechNet forum when you feel the urge to give it a whirl again. Nice dolphin fish in your signature picture by the way.
Chazz- I have not seen any plans in the hopper for a hostile takeover but Iíll keep my eyes peeled

Jeff
Windows Outreach Team
Jeff, you're a good guy to try and help out

2002 Discovery II Kalahari Edition - Stock And Going To Stay That Way
Towing a 2014 Lance 1685 Travel Trailer
Prodigy 3 Brake Controller
Fastway e2 Hitch
Absolutely NO problems

post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 02:13 PM

Thanks Landy; Iím just doing my job.
So to bring this thread back towards the original topic, are any of you having troubles with Windows 7 or have any comments about the OS?
Jeff
Windows Outreach Team
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 03:07 PM
The Zebra

Quote:
Thanks Landy; Iím just doing my job.
So to bring this thread back towards the original topic, are any of you having troubles with Windows 7 or have any comments about the OS?
Jeff
Windows Outreach Team
Only that Internet Explorer RC1 is smooth and no problems at all !!!

Fastway e2 Hitch
Absolutely NO problems

post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Rover-Holic and Admin

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
I haven't used explorer in so long it's not even funny. I'll stick with something a little less vulnerable thank you

1972 MGB
2006 Bonatti Grey LR3 Proud Rhino Bumper, Baja Rack and TF underbody skid plates almost 33's lol
2007 Chawton White LR3 Proud Rhino lift rods
1983 Trident Green 110, TerraFirma suspension, and bumpers
1991 Range Rover Classic Hunter Eastnor Green

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 08:51 PM
The Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRover View Post
I haven't used explorer in so long it's not even funny. I'll stick with something a little less vulnerable thank you
You, vulnerable? Bwahaaaa!! Actually, the browser has come a long way from I.E. 6.0 or even 7.5. In over 15+ years of surfing the net, I've never once had a virus, trojan, worm, adware, spyware, malware or anything else and I've been using every incarnation of I.E.

It realy comes down to surfing habits

Fastway e2 Hitch
Absolutely NO problems

post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Truth > Freedom

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandyII View Post
It realy comes down to surfing habits
Couldn't be more true.

Chazz Layne |
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > Board Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in