Chevy Tracker/Suzuki Sidekick with Series IIa body - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chevy Tracker/Suzuki Sidekick with Series IIa body

I have a 1962 Land Rover Series IIa 88 Station Wagon. I bought it cheap on ebay because I love the looks and plan on using it around town and in the snow. No real off-roading. It does not run and would need a full rebuild (engine/gearbox/axles/etc). I'm toying with the idea of using the body only on a somewhat more pedestrian frame. The only thing that comes close to be short enough for an 88 seem to be the Chevy Tracker/Suzuki Sidekick. At 86.6", it's only 1.4" difference in length and .8" difference in width.

So... what do you think about a Tracker with a Land Rover IIa body? What are my challenges besides rearranging body mounts and modifying the shifters/dash/pedals? Anybody out there familiar with the Tracker/Sidekick/Vitara? Is the Tracker capable of carrying the landy body?... Can I keep the breakfast where it is?

This would solve the whole top speed issue (although I don't intend to go faster than 65). I would get the auto, so no need to shift a gearbox without syncros. It should be much cheaper than rebuilding the whole drivetrain. It'll be a lot easier to find a shop to work on it. Can't find anyone out there that has tried it... not sure why.

Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Hybrid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in