Land Rover Series 3 / Defender - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
TobyG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Land Rover Series 3 / Defender

My idea (completely fictional at this time) is to take a TD5 Defender and put the running gear into a series 3 SWB. what I'm wondering is has anyone done this? how hard could it be? any big issues?

I have a 1980 S3 SWB currently running a LD28 with standard LR gearbox, standard front diff and a salsibury rear diff.

I also have a 2003 defender TD5 110. totally stock apart from a bit of fine tuning.

Once married i'm looking to put ARB lockers on both front and rear diffs

any info would be awesome

Photos of the trucks can be found here
Toby Gwilym | Facebook

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyG View Post
My idea (completely fictional at this time) is to take a TD5 Defender and put the running gear into a series 3 SWB. what I'm wondering is has anyone done this? how hard could it be? any big issues?

I have a 1980 S3 SWB currently running a LD28 with standard LR gearbox, standard front diff and a salsibury rear diff.

I also have a 2003 defender TD5 110. totally stock apart from a bit of fine tuning.

Once married i'm looking to put ARB lockers on both front and rear diffs

any info would be awesome

Photos of the trucks can be found here
Toby Gwilym | Facebook

Cheers
Whats wrong with the ole LD28. I just put one in my rig and I really like it. Would be nice to put that series on the coil frame (with some chopping though!) After owning two coiled series... I think that is the best update.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gordo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

00 P38 4.6 blinging
siia hybrid, nissandiesel, LT95,37 boggers, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Hybrid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in