2011 LR4 helps and advises - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lightbulb 2011 LR4 helps and advises

Hello all LR enthusiasts,

I'm a newcomer to LR vehicles. I'm located in Calgary, AB and I am considering a used 2011 LR4 HSE (highest reviews score) with 85000 km of Auto Quest dealer. I was asking JLR Edmonton dealership that they have an extended warranty with 4 years/80000 km (I have to bring the vehicle for inspections) because JLR Calgary did not offer it and their service's reputation was really bad. My questions are:

- Does anyone know a trusted LR mechanic shop in Calgary? (I need it to be inspected before purchasing)
- What should I need to know, care and prepare when I own LR4? (I was reading lots lots of information about their reliability, issues, poor fuel mileage...but they could not stop me loving LR)
- Does anyone have experienced with extended warranty? What is included?

I appreciate all advises and thank you so much in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum
Please do your best to keep with the general forum rules and not post multiple threads on the same topic
Cheers
Brian

Happy Happy Happy

2002 D2 se7 6 seater . complete engine rebuild with flanged liners , 2 inch lift, terrafirma shocks, LT 275/65r18 Cooper stt tires, d1 modified front bumper, safety devices rack, 30" l.e.d. Light bar
2004 D2 se5 (sold)
2001 D2 se5 (parts truck)
2000 D2 se7 (retired)
1997 D1 (sold)
1957 Series 1 88" future projet
2006 Suburu legacy outback (gets me around when the disco is not)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Id strongly suggest checking to see if yours has the locking rear differential. That was one of my number 1's (other than HSE version) when looking at a new land rover. You can run the vin with TOPIX or get under there and look to see if it has the cylinder above the rear diff. Check for leaks, sometimes this requires leaving the hood unlatched over night, this will prevent the car from self leveling and if one corner is dropping youll need a new air shock soon. They fixed a lot of stuff between the lr3 and lr4.

All warrantys are going to be different, youll definitely need to read whatever they give you. Some things to consider are, are the air bag shocks included if they leak or are currently leaking? What air suspension products are included? Is there a deductible, do you need to use their mechanics, how far of a drive would that be for you. Obviously engine and drive train components, does your vehicle have the ACE system, is that included. Heating/ cooling issues for the engine and or the passengers? Carmax doesnt warranty used land rovers anymore, there's a reason for that.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

My apology for breaking the forum rules which I did not intend to do. Since I posted my topic to a wrong forum and did not know how to delete my post. Sorry about that Brian.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your advises Benjamin. I will remember it when checking the LR4. However, I still did not understand about ACE you mentioned?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Regional Discussions and Events Forum > Regional Discussions and Events > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in