Good Replacment car Deck ( How to get it Out!) - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good Replacment car Deck ( How to get it Out!)

Check these out , and tell me what you think , or other brands , that i should shoot for ( ignore the price for the other brands):
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...H-DVD3018.aspx
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...e_PLD35MU.aspx
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...io_BV7965.aspx
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...r+SD-900W.html

-which is good of all of these , or name a better brand



in particular is this valor a good one
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...r+SD-900W.html


__________________
LoWBuDget RoVer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Senior Member
 
DiscoDream2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Summit County - CO
Posts: 3,218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey! Your links don't work...

Here is my setup.



Hifonics competition amp 750 watts x 5 channels with a sub output - built in crossover.

Also included is a 14" bandpass subwoofer, XM Radio and a video system.

It is more than the rover can handle, it rattles your back teeth.

Alpine is really affordable (Ebay) and I feel good quality.

Follow this link to the removal tool to get the radio out. It maybe cheaper but here is what it looks like.

Radio Removal Tool | Land Rover Electrical Parts, Batteries, Relays, Lamps & More


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DiscoDream2 is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
None of those links work for me.

You need to figure out what you want in a head unit first:
CD
MP3
Ipod control
Bluetooth phone
Will you be running amplifiers and if so how many RCA outputs do you want
Sirius
XM
etc etc

Without knowing what you're looking for it's pretty hard to recommend anything
rogan is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I looked around and really want these items:
cd
mp3 , mp3 format music playable on a cd
radio
blue-tooth ( optional)
good eq for my subs


i found all of these in the JVC Arsenal , and all exceptcthe cd in the Alpine. I really like the Jvc though

Last edited by LoWBuDget RoVer; 10-21-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: re-tought my post
LoWBuDget RoVer is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
DiscoDream2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Summit County - CO
Posts: 3,218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoWBuDget RoVer View Post
I looked around and really want these items:
cd
mp3 , mp3 format music playable on a cd
radio
blue-tooth ( optional)
good eq for my subs


i found all of these in the JVC Arsenal , and all exceptcthe cd in the Alpine. I really like the Jvc though
Whatever model you decide don't buy it at a car stereo place. You will find the same model on ebay for half the price. Personally, I would say, go up a level, JVC is just ok stuff.

Here is a basic unit, but has what you need. New $99 mps format/wav - free shipping includes a remote and ipod connector.


JVC KD-G340 CAR CD/MP3 PLAYER/HD RADIO STEREO RECEIVER:eBay Motors (item 390078790749 end time Nov-04-09 08:57:21 PST)

You will need a good / seperate amp if you have a sub, for sure.

I paid @ $399 for my unit, but it Kicks A**.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DiscoDream2 is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 02:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
JVC is just ok stuff
Says the guy with a Maxxsonics amp

I run JVC headunit and front components in my Rangie. There's some KD-R800 units on ebay for under $150 that have ipod control and bluetooth onboard.
JVC KD-R800 CD/MP3/WMA Receiver Bluetooth Front AUX/USB:eBay Motors (item 350190674420 end time Nov-10-09 18:38:30 PST)

I'm very impressed with my JVC headunit. You won't get a noticeable improvement going up $50 or $100 to an Alpine or Pioneer, in fact you'd probably get less features and it would be a downgrade.
rogan is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Senior Member
 
DiscoDream2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Summit County - CO
Posts: 3,218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogan View Post
Says the guy with a Maxxsonics amp

I run JVC headunit and front components in my Rangie. There's some KD-R800 units on ebay for under $150 that have ipod control and bluetooth onboard.
JVC KD-R800 CD/MP3/WMA Receiver Bluetooth Front AUX/USB:eBay Motors (item 350190674420 end time Nov-10-09 18:38:30 PST)

I'm very impressed with my JVC headunit. You won't get a noticeable improvement going up $50 or $100 to an Alpine or Pioneer, in fact you'd probably get less features and it would be a downgrade.
WOW!! you couldn't be more wrong and usually I would let it slide but you my friend need glasses or learn to read better or just to pull your head out of your A**. I have over $1200 (not including video system, Alpine XM radio tuner) invested in the system and I'm sure it will crush any JVC for $150. I spent more on wires than you did your whole system.

If your calling my stereo out - I will crush you. You have no idea what you are talking about. I have been to more stereo competitions than you have been to the bathroom.

First - I'm female that should be glaringly obvious.
Second - JVC is junk, as it is the walmart version of real audio. My Alpine deck is over 5 years old and has far more power and options to tune the sound than your JVC (bluetooth, who cares get a real headset for your phone, If I heard my cell phone through my stereo, it would be so annoying it would split my eardrums, who wants to have a conversation at 800 watts?) But, that is splitting hairs. Really, who cares the brand, I care about performance. I'm not going to debate branding with you. I am smart enough to know there are only a few electronic manufactures in the world and most of them make the same guts for everyone.
Third Any unit that sells for $150 or less is entry level and for those that really don't want more than sound coming out of their speakers. I made the recommendation, as he is on a budget.
Fourth My Amp clearly is marked Hifonics, it is 750 watts x 5 with a built in crossover. That does not include the 50 watts built into the receiver. So I'm running around 800 watts (speaker / sub)
Fifth - I have a 14" bandpass sub that bumps so hard if you put your beer on the back roof it will flip the can completely over from the vibration. On the right song, you can hear the drumstick tapping the high-hat cymbal or the fingers sliding up and down the frets on a Santana song, while you are outside the vehical.
Sixth - The MB Quart speakers are so clear it tingles you in the groin on the right song.

Your $150 JVC is less performing than the unit I had in my car in high school. But it's not numbers it's sound quality. If you didn't live accross the ocean, I would turn it up so you could hear it. Hmmm maybe you still can, let me use my remote control and turn it on from my living room. There... how's that sound, listen carefully!


OK, let's take emotion out of this and look at facts. You recommended a unit just after I did. Let's compare.

Your JVC recommendation is more expensive and has less features than the JVC I did.

Here's my recommendation:

ADVANTAGES OF JVC's KD-G430

Built in pre-amp outputs provide a clear sounding signal to your amps and subs
Plays CD MP3 WMA and more. This receiver plays all the most popular formats
Reads artist name and song titles for your CDs and MP3 files
Bluetooth and HD Radio Ready
Sirius and XM Satellite radio ready
Ipod Ready
The rotary knob makes controlling your receiver quicker and easier than ever
Built in Equalizer is upgraded and has more options than last years model (It has 2 adjustable channels for the eq + 6 preset curves)
Best price, and best quality around!
Front aux input allows you to easily to hook up an external source so you can hear it from your car stereo.
Features:

50 x 4 watt built in high powered amp
Plays CD / MP3 / WMA / CD-R / CD-RW
XM and Sirius radio ready
Flip down detachable face
Front Aux Input
Ipod Ready with JVC Ipod interface adaptor
Bright LCD Display
ID3 Tag and CD-Text Readout (displays song name and artist name on display with CD and MP3 files)
Rotary Encoder Volume Knob for easy and quick changes of settings and volume
Detachable Face
1-Bit D/A Converter with 24-Bit Resolution
Audible Control Confirmation
High powered AM/FM radio tuner built in
Sirius and XM ready
18 FM / 6 AM Presets
Loudness control
Custom EQ Settings with 6 Sound Modes that all sound great!
Secondary adjustable EQ
Rear Preamp Outputs
CD Frequency Response: 5-20,000 Hz
FM Mono Sensitivity: 11.3 dBf
CD Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 96 dB
Amp Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.8%
Free remote
CD changer controls
Bluetooth Ready

OK now yours:

JVC KD-R800 General Features:

In-dash CD/MP3/WMA Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth Hands-free, Dual USB Inputs, Aux Input, and Remote
Detachable face
Variable color illumination, full dot LCD Display
Wireless remote control included
Blue button lighting
Power Output:
Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels
RMS: 20 watts x 4 channels
MOSFET Amplifier
CD Text Display
MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album)
2 Year Autosounds4less Warranty

Playback and Audio Features:

Playback of CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, and WMA
HS-IVi tuner with 18FM/6AM presets
iEQ (3-band parametric equalizer)
Loudness control in 3 patterns
24-bit digital-to-analog converter
Low-pass filer/high-pass filter crossover
Playback of CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, and WMA
HS-IVi tuner with 18FM/6AM presets
iEQ (3-band parametric equalizer)
Loudness control in 3 patterns
24-bit digital-to-analog converter
Low-pass filer/high-pass filter crossover

How smart is that?


I'm not even going to entertain a rebuttal, as my time has been wasted here enough..........

Have a great day!

Sorry for the rant it was before I had coffee...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DiscoDream2; 10-22-2009 at 09:17 AM.
DiscoDream2 is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 11:33 AM
The Winnipeg Thrashers...
 
Capt. Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Equilibrium
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanna know where I can get some MB Quart speakers and what song you listen to...

03 Disco w/CDL
95 Disco
98 Disco: my first (gone)
Capt. Ron is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Senior Member
 
DiscoDream2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Summit County - CO
Posts: 3,218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Ron View Post
I just wanna know where I can get some MB Quart speakers and what song you listen to...

LOL! I'm glad I calmed down after that tirade....sorry couldn't help it.

Just don't shift that bike so soon, get your revs up and you ll get the same response!

You'll have a pocket rocket real soon!




I think MB went oput of businees or got bought out....


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DiscoDream2 is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 12:34 PM
The Winnipeg Thrashers...
 
Capt. Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Equilibrium
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lol!

03 Disco w/CDL
95 Disco
98 Disco: my first (gone)
Capt. Ron is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
First - I'm female that should be glaringly obvious.
Second - JVC is junk, as it is the walmart version of real audio. My Alpine deck is over 5 years old and has far more power and options to tune the sound than your JVC (bluetooth, who cares get a real headset for your phone, If I heard my cell phone through my stereo, it would be so annoying it would split my eardrums, who wants to have a conversation at 800 watts?) But, that is splitting hairs. Really, who cares the brand, I care about performance. I'm not going to debate branding with you. I am smart enough to know there are only a few electronic manufactures in the world and most of them make the same guts for everyone.
Third Any unit that sells for $150 or less is entry level and for those that really don't want more than sound coming out of their speakers. I made the recommendation, as he is on a budget.
Fourth My Amp clearly is marked Hifonics, it is 750 watts x 5 with a built in crossover. That does not include the 50 watts built into the receiver. So I'm running around 800 watts (speaker / sub)
Fifth - I have a 14" bandpass sub that bumps so hard if you put your beer on the back roof it will flip the can completely over from the vibration. On the right song, you can hear the drumstick tapping the high-hat cymbal or the fingers sliding up and down the frets on a Santana song, while you are outside the vehical.
Sixth - The MB Quart speakers are so clear it tingles you in the groin on the right song.

Your $150 JVC is less performing than the unit I had in my car in high school. But it's not numbers it's sound quality. If you didn't live accross the ocean, I would turn it up so you could hear it. Hmmm maybe you still can, let me use my remote control and turn it on from my living room. There... how's that sound, listen carefully!

OK, let's take emotion out of this and look at facts. You recommended a unit just after I did. Let's compare.

Your JVC recommendation is more expensive and has less features than the JVC I did.
First - Apologies for the male / female error. The pink avatar should have given it away.

Second - Yes it's sold at walmart I think. Try having a listen, they're not actually that bad. I run an Alpine W202/H701 combo in one car and a JVC AVX77 in the other. Guess which one has lower system noise?

Third - Agreed

Fourth - Maxxsonics owns Hifonics, Crunch, MB Quartz and some other brands. They don't have the best reputation for quality or longevity. 800 (rms I presume) whooppeee, big deal.

Fifth - I couldn't care less about how your sub sounds outside your vehicle. I'd rather not hear anything from the outside. Hence why I have invested in sound deadening.

Sixth. Wouldn't know, haven't auditioned any recently.

I recommended the R800 because it has Bluetooth and Ipod control built it, no need for extra adapters.

The rest of your post cracked me up. Thanks
rogan is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LoWBuDget RoVer is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
DiscoDream2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Summit County - CO
Posts: 3,218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hmm apples to oranges.

The video setup is nice, but the reliablity of the slide out screen is bad and the unknown maker is suspect.

Go with your gut and what makes you happy. There isn't that much price difference so it's a toss up. There was a day those pop out units would run $699 for a cheap one. That is a good entry level unit and price. Just remember you don't get to watch video while driving (unlawful and the unit won't show it) only radio functions, of course there is a way around it if needed.

What kind of amp were you thinking? Let me read up on these for a minute....

The video unit is weak and has less features the JVC is nice and would perform well for you. Nice research and good job finding a good price on these.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DiscoDream2 is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is my Ultimate Setup:
-Sound System Wise :
(1) Jl or Kicker 12" running on a Hifonics or Kenwood Amp
or
(1)Alpine on the same selection of Amps

Deck Wise: as i listed earlier the things i want in my deck , these too are the best to me. its not the cost thing , but at the same time , for that price , its all i need. The Jvc , are good , and have good ratings. At the same time i did the Valor post , to test you guys , ( but it turns out) this is a Chinesse brand that makes , an off-brand of dual , and jensen dvd palyers with good quality. The price is amazing . The main reason i asked , would it work with the sub im geting
LoWBuDget RoVer is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Senior Member
 
DiscoDream2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Summit County - CO
Posts: 3,218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogan View Post
First - Apologies for the male / female error. The pink avatar should have given it away.

Second - Yes it's sold at walmart I think. Try having a listen, they're not actually that bad. I run an Alpine W202/H701 combo in one car and a JVC AVX77 in the other. Guess which one has lower system noise?

Third - Agreed

Fourth - Maxxsonics owns Hifonics, Crunch, MB Quartz and some other brands. They don't have the best reputation for quality or longevity. 800 (rms I presume) whooppeee, big deal.

Fifth - I couldn't care less about how your sub sounds outside your vehicle. I'd rather not hear anything from the outside. Hence why I have invested in sound deadening.

Sixth. Wouldn't know, haven't auditioned any recently.

I recommended the R800 because it has Bluetooth and Ipod control built it, no need for extra adapters.

The rest of your post cracked me up. Thanks
It's all in good fun! You caught me before coffee! I thought Hifonics was a disguise.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DiscoDream2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > Accessories

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pioneer CD deck w/ I-pod adaptor (fits RRC's & other Rovers) $175.00 plus shipping daway Land Rover Parts and Accessories 0 07-11-2008 06:09 AM
Going price for a Series in Good condition? Series 3 guy Series Land Rovers 10 01-25-2008 02:53 AM
The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly Burns The Lounge 6 07-16-2007 06:33 PM
Good Bye Disco 2..good bye 02disco2 General Land Rover Discussion 15 02-26-2007 06:03 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome