Good Replacment car Deck ( How to get it Out!) - Page 2 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDream2 View Post
It's all in good fun! You caught me before coffee! I thought Hifonics was a disguise.
uh... you trying to help me , or sip coffee

( i have looked at your profile , and to see an individual like you , list and do all those things to car is amazing , so i am coming to you for help/guidance)

in all , i just hope i do not make a mistake purchasing this deck , although my fut says yes , and my wallet does too. My buddies on here are real guts ( answer " solver's)

Check my Youtube Profile:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Help my find a transmission plz !!!!
;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
It's all in good fun! You caught me before coffee! I thought Hifonics was a disguise.
No problem. The funniest part is that my wiring and sound deadening probably cost more than $1200, and I try to avoid expensive wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoWBuDget RoVer View Post
Here is my Ultimate Setup:
-Sound System Wise :
(1) Jl or Kicker 12" running on a Hifonics or Kenwood Amp
or
(1)Alpine on the same selection of Amps
You can't use the words Kicker and Ultimate in the same sentence. If you are looking for subs then have a look into www.ficaraudio.com. Scott Atwell owns the company, and he designed all the RE subs. Fi have now teamed up with Ascendant Audio, but for the $$ the Fi subs are hard to go past. The Fi Q compares with the JL W7 range but is considerably cheaper.
Even the Alpine Type X isn't worth writing home about. Can do better for the $ from lesser known brands.

If you just want loud noise, have a look at Audioque amps. They do 1200rms monoblocks for $229 shipped. They're an offshoot of Digital Designs so I'd expect their amps and subs to be half decent but I have no experience with Audioque stuff so don't take my word on it.

Quote:
Expandability Options:
3 Sets of 2V preamp outputs (front, rear, and subwoofer)
That Valor unit has subwoofer preouts so shouldn't be any real issue hooking it up to an amp and sub. No idea how good the quality of the unit is.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogan View Post
No problem. The funniest part is that my wiring and sound deadening probably cost more than $1200, and I try to avoid expensive wiring.

You can't use the words Kicker and Ultimate in the same sentence. If you are looking for subs then have a look into www.ficaraudio.com. Scott Atwell owns the company, and he designed all the RE subs. Fi have now teamed up with Ascendant Audio, but for the $$ the Fi subs are hard to go past. The Fi Q compares with the JL W7 range but is considerably cheaper.
Even the Alpine Type X isn't worth writing home about. Can do better for the $ from lesser known brands.

If you just want loud noise, have a look at Audioque amps. They do 1200rms monoblocks for $229 shipped. They're an offshoot of Digital Designs so I'd expect their amps and subs to be half decent but I have no experience with Audioque stuff so don't take my word on it.

That Valor unit has subwoofer preouts so shouldn't be any real issue hooking it up to an amp and sub. No idea how good the quality of the unit is.
That is deep! Maybe too deep... I guess my audio show experience doesn't compare as most of it was in a bikini in front of an import tuner.

In additon, I would say, set a budget - figure out the total you can spend. Map it all out on paper, factor all costs, deck, amp, wires, deadening (advanced level - so your license plate holder doesnt vibrate at the intersection). LOL!

Because this can be a budget buster an avalanche of new stuff if your not carefull. Put 60% of you cash into the amp, 30% in the deck and the remainder in wires. Even a basic amp kit can be $100. You can run the factory speakers if the amp doesn't get too big.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 10:42 PM

Agree that budget is critical. Have good read (page 7 onwards) of the Hybrid legatia L3 owners manual. Once you get past the L3 marketing fluff it's a bible on front speaker positioning in car audio.

Positioning of the front speakers is where you can make quality gains without spending too much cash. All you need is birch / mdf / fibreglass and willingness to experiment.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogan View Post
Agree that budget is critical. Have good read (page 7 onwards) of the Hybrid legatia L3 owners manual. Once you get past the L3 marketing fluff it's a bible on front speaker positioning in car audio.

Positioning of the front speakers is where you can make quality gains without spending too much cash. All you need is birch / mdf / fibreglass and willingness to experiment.
I think we got too deep, I bet lowbudg is just looking for a head unit swap with an off the shelf amp tied to factory speaks (hopefully the Harmon Kardon - better than phillips stock POS) I ran the HK speaks untill I blew a couple then, I replaced them, not bad for factory. At least they are three way seperates...

It's nice to chat sound. It seems like it's the last mod on some peoples list, it was first on mine. The stock radio is a POS and very dissapointing for the level of vehical and original sticker price....

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I think we got too deep, I bet lowbudg is just looking for a head unit swap with an off the shelf amp tied to factory speaks (hopefully the Harmon Kardon - better than phillips stock POS) I ran the HK speaks untill I blew a couple then, I replaced them, not bad for factory. At least they are three way seperates...

It's nice to chat sound. It seems like it's the last mod on some peoples list, it was first on mine. The stock radio is a POS and very dissapointing for the level of vehical and original sticker price....
The audio was the first on my list too, although I've still got to finish some bits of it. IMO, the HK speakers were pretty rubbish. I tried hooking the HK tweeters up in my e39 BMW to see what it could do with good signal to it, but it didn't sound good to me.

If you want to have a quick look at my P38 Rangie system, some pics in here:
HSE pictures by rpandkp - Photobucket
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

speaking of speakers , what can i replace the stock with ?

Check my Youtube Profile:

Help my find a transmission plz !!!!
;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in