OBA with a Scuba Tank? - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OBA with a Scuba Tank?

I can get a 70cf 2700psi scuba tank for $50. Is there an easy way to make a regulator that will fill tires/ run air tools

1991 RRC
215k miles and going!

Tires:
285/75 TREADWRIGHT GUARD DOG$
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drivetrain:
24 Spline ARB's with 4.11 gears all around (HD Rear axles)
LT230 Transfer Case
Suspension:
2" RTE spring lift & 1.25" RTE body lift
Armor:
Diff-Guards
Maxyedor's HD Heim Jointed Tie-Rod/Drag Link
RTE Front Bumper with Superwinch X9
Bottorf rear bumper/sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I think you will find that that tank can not be filled with CO2, it is not certified to take liquid and no one will fill it.

Mike

Retired service manager, member of Solihull Society, SCLR, NCLR and the Santa Barbara 4Wheelers clubs.
99 D2, 3" lift, CDL with Detroit,T.T. lockers, 4:11's,H.D. axles, custom ft/rear bumpers with sliders, a 9500 HSI Warn winch and 5 HID's.

To DOWNLOAD the RAVE Manual, follow this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rover Radio issues or IPOD Adapters

Need Parts?

or call 203-770-1699

or call 434-251-9331
P.T. Schram 260-804-0458

Lucky8,

British Parts of Utah,
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Go Deep

How friendly are you with the nearest Fire Dept?
We have all kinds of adapters for those bottles- we fill rescue boats, air jacks, etc. I'm assuming you just want to have it filled with regular air.
Just make sure that the bottle testing is current.

D2 with stuff added and some removed

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Regular air will only give you enough for 1, maybe 2 33" tire. If you are using CO2, a liquid, you need a certified bottle, which as a 15# bottle will fill up 42 265 tires to 38 #'s.

Mike

Retired service manager, member of Solihull Society, SCLR, NCLR and the Santa Barbara 4Wheelers clubs.
99 D2, 3" lift, CDL with Detroit,T.T. lockers, 4:11's,H.D. axles, custom ft/rear bumpers with sliders, a 9500 HSI Warn winch and 5 HID's.

To DOWNLOAD the RAVE Manual, follow this link

Rover Radio issues or IPOD Adapters

Need Parts?

or call 203-770-1699

or call 434-251-9331
P.T. Schram 260-804-0458

Lucky8,

British Parts of Utah,
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Reptile Expert

i'm pretty sure disco mike is right. most places will not fill Scuba tanks with CO2. I looked into buying some small scuba tanks off some friends for that same idea and i ended up nixxing the project.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 11:20 AM

"The US Government has declared carbon dioxide a 'toxic' gas that endangers public health in a judgement that analysts said would strengthen the Obama administration's negotiating position in Copenhagen."

Act on Copenhagen: 8 December - US ruling on CO2 as a toxic gas 'strengthens Obama's hand'

I'm trying to be careful not to exhale any more than absolutely necessary.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 12:26 PM
..\;/...

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lmao hard yo
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 02:52 PM
laments the death of industrial strength soup sporks \;/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpfl View Post
"The US Government has declared carbon dioxide a 'toxic' gas that endangers public health in a judgement that analysts said would strengthen the Obama administration's negotiating position in Copenhagen."

Act on Copenhagen: 8 December - US ruling on CO2 as a toxic gas 'strengthens Obama's hand'

I'm trying to be careful not to exhale any more than absolutely necessary.
but without it the all the flora would sufficate resulting in no oxygen production. we would have a hell of a time trying to breath nitrogen. i don't understand

I am the White Rabbit
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet View Post
but without it the all the flora would sufficate resulting in no oxygen production. we would have a hell of a time trying to breath nitrogen. i don't understand
It's really pretty simple...

liberal progressives = total control over every aspect of your life.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Underwater hockey is no dumber than any other sport

I use my SCUBA tank to top up my tires. I'm running stock so no giant knobbies or anything, and the tank lasts for months. I will end up using it to dive before I run it down. That being said, I'm sure you can do the math to figure out how much air a 72cu ft tank will yield in terms of tire inflation.

As for running tools, it will work, but not for very long. To make a tire inflator, look online for a cheap regulator 1st stage, then you can buy a BC inflator hose (they make long ones) and a tire inflator fitting which works just fine. I got mine at Leisurepro.com.

"Guinnevere" '91 RR - SOLD

2017 Jaguar F Pace S
2016 MINI Cooper S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in