Double DIN navigation radio in my D2 - Page 2 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
haha and you keep your air on Celsius like I do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I like your approach, since it would keep me from completely butchering my dashboard. I would appreciate knowing the model number of the radio and any comments you find appropriate about installation and fit.

Thanks
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 01:09 PM

there are many single DIN flip out head units on the market.

You can get them with or without navigation and price differs significantly

This is just an off the shelf pioneer head unit with navigation

Had it for about 3 years with no problems.

Installation can be tricky since you have to run wires to a hard drive and find a space to put it, but you could do it yourself.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 06:30 PM

I think it looks awesome, would've totally done it on my D2 but not on my Classic... But to find a radio Bezel for a 95 Classic in decent condition is almost impossible.

2003 Discovery S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
flipped
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 RRC LWB 25 Ann. Ed.: Full 5" RTE Suspension Lift, Front and rear RTE Bumpers, Roof Rack, 36" Super Swamper TSL on steelies, Gears, Axles, Lockers, RE 12,000.
LebanonOffRoad.com - Roco4x4.com -
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 10:55 PM

Really nice work vette427... where are you on the jersey shore?

Scott

'03 D2, Java Black/Tan
102,000 miles
Great Basin Front Driveshaft
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Been a while since I really messed around with my D2... Ive gotten back into it now so heres an update on the whole AV system.
I ditched the old Pioneer for a new Pioneer Z140. I love it! Navigation, bluetooth, back up cam, awesome iPhone integration, Pandora, etc... It has everything.
This is the final result of "cleaning up" the dash that I made. I think it looks pretty good, and everyone I show is surprised its not factory. I know a real enthusiast would point it out in a second, but its not a show car and I like how it came out. The last feature I am missing is steering wheel controls... Ill have to custom program an aftermarket controller to work with the factory Rover system since no one makes anything.
Aside from the head unit, I added a small ported sub box and amp in the back. When its done, the average on-looker wouldnt think twice about it not looking factory.

Sorry for the crappy pics... I can never get the lighting right.

The box is a bit on the small side for a 12" sub, and I would probably have gone with a 10" if I were to do it again. The port exhausts through the factory vent. I still need to come up with a new mounting solution for the top and side panel with a grill

I used a Kicker DX500.1 Amp in the passenger side ccompartment... Just so happened that the mounting holes line up with the large push pins that hold the side panel on. Lucky break!

While I had everything apart, I went ahead and added a remote start system with Vipers "smart start" so I can start/unlock/lock it from anywhere. Great system! If anyone has any questions about wiring the remote start dont hesitate to ask... its really not too difficult on these cars
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 06:25 PM

vette427sbc ***PLEASE HELP***

I'm obsessed with your radio upgrade posted and recently purchased a 2001 D2... I have big hopes for my old beauty and it starts with a proper radio dash. Do you have a YouTube video or email where I might be able to get the step by step process?

mhuewalsh at g mail
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 05:43 PM

Looks really nice, any updated pics of you project?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > Show it off

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in