Engine Disabled - Page 2 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i missed your call sorry just call back... and i will walk you through what going on im a pro at this lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir View Post
Will you really be able to start it or will I have to pay the dreadful dealer afterall??? I am soooo confused!!! Coz I dont believe the dealer a bit!!! How can my car just wont syncronize with the key after the battery is dead and Why would it take them to replace the whole BeCM and programme it anywez, when they can programme my existing BeCM.... it just doesn't make any sense!!! I am Trapped!!!

So, do you have all the tools required to programme it if needed???
Dealers want to take the easy way out. Their computers won't do a thing if the BeCM is in an alarm state.

Very few shops with Autologic have the ability to disarm the alarm once it's in the alarmed state. I regularly have P38s sent to me after the dealer and local indie shops have given up. The last one that the dealer had been saying needed a BeCM and the local indie couldn't get it going with autologic, I had it running in eight keystrokes...

But StereoSteve, in spite of his atrocious spelling, is better at it than I am, you should have him do it.

Yes, I am still alive, and still in the Rover parts business.
Text me for greatest likelihood of finding me.

260-804-0458
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSchram View Post
Dealers want to take the easy way out. Their computers won't do a thing if the BeCM is in an alarm state.

Very few shops with Autologic have the ability to disarm the alarm once it's in the alarmed state. I regularly have P38s sent to me after the dealer and local indie shops have given up. The last one that the dealer had been saying needed a BeCM and the local indie couldn't get it going with autologic, I had it running in eight keystrokes...

But StereoSteve, in spite of his atrocious spelling, is better at it than I am, you should have him do it.
i can do it in 2 key strokes thank god im not righting a book im just working on cars LOL

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 02:28 AM

Shabbir, The key in the lock won't synchronise if the alarm is armed. The first step should be for you to input the EKA code (emergency key access) at the driver's door. You haven't mentioned if you tried that. The EKA code is 4 digits, the owners manual tells you how to enter it. If you don't have it then a Range Rover dealer can get it for you with your chassis number and vin. He is NOT supposed to charge you anything for giving you the code.

Once you try the code if the car opens and starts etc, then try the remote re-synch.

Now the most likely cause of the problem was all the RF signals flying around at the airport. When your car was built, wifi for example was not that common so they didn't think to screen the remote's RF receiver for wifi signals. Today with wifi almost everywhere it can overwhelm the car's RF receiver. The permanent solution is to upgrade to a new receiver and that should be available on ebay.

If the EKA doesn't work then by all means, call in the cavalry. FYI though, the second most likely problem is that its true that the BECM and the engine ECU can start having communication issues as the car gets older. Its like Windows on your computer, a lot of junk starts to accumulate. You can buy a very simple device called a Synchmate that you can just keep in your glove box. It clears and resets the comms between BECM and ECU. Once ECU and BECM start losing synch they will do it again. If that's the only problem then a synchmate is worthwhile investment. It's only when the BECM gets totally fried do you need a new one. The trouble is as someone already said, not that many people know how to fix it so for them telling a customer to replace it is an easy -and profitable way out.

(Just thought that as this is a forum we should try helping each other. )

'97 4.0SE, Manual, UK Spec.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 04:08 PM

So guys, how did this wind up?

I ask because I am looking at an '03 that is having some very similar problems and the current owner has had enough...enough of having it towed to Land Rover, only to have them struggle with it for hours, download the software from another Range Rover, load the software to get it running...then when the vehicle reported suffers from a low voltage incident, have the entire process start over again.

Thoughts?
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 03:20 AM

I had same problem, I press and hold unlock button on key FOB while holding unlock button (KEEP HOLDING BUTTON) turn key to unlock door (HOLD IN UNLOCK POSITION OPEN AND CLOSE DOOR) This has worked every time car starts and works fine. It appears the problem is in the auto lock system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Range Rover P38, Mk III and Range Rover Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in