Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Indicator bulbs

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Rover G 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 Range Rover HSE which I recently changed the front passenger indicator bulb with a 1156. I noticed the previous bulb (2300, I never heard of) had lock tabs that were offset. The 1156 lock tabs were not offset.
Is there a specific bulb that works the best?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:drink1:

#2 ·
Turn signal harness assembly

Well, to much of my dismay, the turn signal assembly appears to be faulty. I've changed out multiple bulbs and they all work for a few seconds in the beginning but then same quick flashing there after.
Has anyone had any luck changing out the entire light harness assembly with no major issues? I'm hoping there isn't a wire grounding out somewhere which would be near impossible to find.

#3 ·
Faulty culprit

Well after more investigation, I have narrowed down the culprit. It appears the bulb socket is faulty, not the wiring harness. I'm glad it wasn't a grounding wiring. I adjusted the bulb in the light socket while the indicator was on (I know the manual states not to replace the bulb with the power on but needed to see if power was being delivered) and I got the bulb to work with a little finesse. The only problem is if the assembly gets jarred the connection fails. I did try and adjust the metal connection in the light socket which didn't have an impact.
Still working through this.
If anyone has any insight, would love to hear about it before I break down and purchase a new light socket.
:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.