The car is probably on consignment or something and he won't get any $$ for it, did he try to steer you in the direction of another vehicle?
I feel like the happiest land rover owners are the most educated ones; people who know what they are getting into before they buy the car.
If someone goes to a dealership trading in their Explorer, looking at a Jeep or something and a salesman sells them on a Land Rover - they will probably HATE it (eventually) because they won't use 10% of the vehicles abilities, yet will come to expect ford/jeep reliability. The components which allow the other 90% of capability are what makes the Rover less reliable, not the company. If it's not there in the first place, it can't break - gotta keep that in mind when talking reliability.
...but, if you've done your research or ever asked a "lot" out of your vehicles and needed more from them (capacity, towing, inclement weather, safety, security, comfort, etc) Land Rover offers a simply unbeatable combination. The "image" rovers have is also nice, as all over SUVs have become lame soccer mom mobiles lately (even X5s and Cayennes which used to be semi exotic) that pretty much leaves Rovers as the only clean exotic European SUVs out there on the road.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|'99 Discovery II | 177k mi. | Kinversand | 7 pas, SLS, HK|
|'06 LR3 HSE LUX | Chawton White | Cold Weather/Adaptive HL/RSE/Running Boards | '14 "blackout" LR4 tail lights, 2.5" lift rods, 20" black/machined stormers, 275/55/20 Falken Wildpeaks |