ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault) - Page 2 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jycsalas View Post
Ooooo...... Santa is coming early?? Can't wait! Thank You.
It's for all your hard work and inspiration.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDream2 View Post
It's for all your hard work and inspiration.
Well I hate people getting discouraged and getting rid of a classic car all due to little nuances like the 3 amigos. Plus it's because of the forum(s) that I have been able to make a little something on the weekends fixing rovers. It's just fair to give back.

That and I don't want to see this question asked ever again.. lol j/k...

~Josh

2003 Discovery S (64k miles)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: Oil Pressure Gauge, ScanGaugeII, CDL, Electric CDL Actuator, RoverRacks Rear ladder, Limb Risers, ToddCo Front Drive Shaft, DI Wiper Arms, G4 Upper Rear Lamp Guards, No Amigos since 11/09

Coming soon:
Install Greg Davis rear bumper, Replace 4 ball joints, Replace belt tensioners and pulleys.

For the future:
.... wait and see....
post #18 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jycsalas View Post
Well I hate people getting discouraged and getting rid of a classic car all due to little nuances like the 3 amigos. Plus it's because of the forum(s) that I have been able to make a little something on the weekends fixing rovers. It's just fair to give back.

That and I don't want to see this question asked ever again.. lol j/k...
I appreciate that!

People should have to spend a week on this forum prior to buying a DII.
DiscoTripper likes this.

post #19 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I will give it a bash as soon as I have time available.

Thank you for the reply.

[/SIGPIC]
99 Discovery 2 XS V8
Terrafirma Coil Springs All Around
Replacement Front Bumber
Dastek Unichip
BFG All-Terrain Tyres
Front Runner Roof Rack
Snorkel

post #20 of 137 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

UPDATED TO INCLUDE STRAIGHT WIRING OF THE SVS.... AND REMOVING THE MODULATOR SIDE OF THE PUMP ONLY...

Sorry its all on one page but I feel that anyone performing this job should read through all 50 steps first....

~Josh

Mods: Oil Pressure Gauge, ScanGaugeII, CDL, Electric CDL Actuator, RoverRacks Rear ladder, Limb Risers, ToddCo Front Drive Shaft, DI Wiper Arms, G4 Upper Rear Lamp Guards, No Amigos since 11/09

Coming soon:
Install Greg Davis rear bumper, Replace 4 ball joints, Replace belt tensioners and pulleys.

For the future:
.... wait and see....
post #21 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 05:57 PM

Hi Josh,

It is a really helpful instruction, and I used Option B to diagnose the 3 Amigos. However, SVS valves are working fine, the voltages were as you had shown in the instruction, the connector is good as well.

The connnection inside ABS module to outside connector is also good. I can't figure out why my 3 Amigos lights are ON. Any idea what would be other causes?

Do we need special Amigo Scanner to clear the code or ordinary OBDII scanner such as Innova or Actron would do the job? Thanks.
post #22 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newitem View Post
Hi Josh,

It is a really helpful instruction, and I used Option B to diagnose the 3 Amigos. However, SVS valves are working fine, the voltages were as you had shown in the instruction, the connector is good as well.

The connnection inside ABS module to outside connector is also good. I can't figure out why my 3 Amigos lights are ON. Any idea what would be other causes?

Do we need special Amigo Scanner to clear the code or ordinary OBDII scanner such as Innova or Actron would do the job? Thanks.
Thanks...

The resistance test in the write up is only to test the Shuttle Valve switches. It will not tell you why your amigos is on. My switches were good but i still had the amigos. You need to get the codes read before doing anything. I specifically addressed that in the write-up.

You can buy the ABS Amigo.... or go find a shop near you that has a capable scanner. In the states you are limited to the hawkeye scanner and the ABS amigo before you start buying REALLY expensive rover capable scanners.

Now that you verified that your SVS are good, you can ASSUME it is the electrical fault mentioned in the write-up if the amigos go away after you restart the engine.

GET THE CODES READ..get back to us with all the codes. Don't do anything else until then.

~Josh

Coming soon:

For the future:
.... wait and see....
post #23 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 01:21 PM

Josh,
Thanks for the write up! I did the "option B" fix on my '00 D2, and for the first time in years, my thee-amigos lights are off. Much better!

One thing to possibly add to your write up: After I got my modulator assembly all back together, I realized it would have been better to re-insert the cut-off SVS plug into the modulator body, just to keep a good watertight seal for the internal electronics.

-Erik Burrows
post #24 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburrows View Post
Josh,
Thanks for the write up! I did the "option B" fix on my '00 D2, and for the first time in years, my thee-amigos lights are off. Much better!

One thing to possibly add to your write up: After I got my modulator assembly all back together, I realized it would have been better to re-insert the cut-off SVS plug into the modulator body, just to keep a good watertight seal for the internal electronics.

-Erik Burrows
Glad it worked out for you. Did you scan the codes and confirm that was the problem? You should add the following to your signature.

"Amigos Free since 12/2009"

~Josh

Coming soon:

For the future:
.... wait and see....
post #25 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 10:44 AM

RE: ABD Modulator FIX-3 Amigos Symptoms?

I also have the intermittent 3 Amigos on my 03 disco as well. Can everyone please confirm that when their 3 amigos are lit up on the dash board you have no ABS and TC? My truck has no ABS or TC when the lights are on. Had the family in the truck yesterday during a snow storm and almost crashed the truck when the amigos came on while going down an icy hill-Very scary with no ABS/TC.
Thanks, Chris
post #26 of 137 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 PM

I want to be Amigo Free!

I only have two of the three amigos (TC & DH) lit with the ABS randomly showing up. I feel comfortable working on most D2 projects, and this one looks easy enough, but then again i've said that before and been very wrong.

Anyway I just wanted to see if there is anybody out there looking to make some extra cash for the project. I live around West Chester PA so shoot me a response back if you can do the work.
post #27 of 137 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 06:32 AM

I have TC and DH all the time with their brother ABS chiming in about 10-15 minutes into the trip. Funny thing is I almost never had these lights before my motor was rebuilt, anyway I bought the abs amigo last week awaiting its arrival with anticipation so I can clear these codes and tell you guys which ones I've got, if it lines up then I'll perform fix B...

Got my ABS Amigo in the mail today - here are the codes...am I a candidate for the ABS modulator fix?
1.--Current Faults---->
Active Faults:
None
Logged Faults:
021:Engine PWM signal bad
114:Shuttle Valve Electric Failure
<-END Faults
------------------------------------------------------------
..--Previous Faults--->
Active Faults:
022:ECU Gnd or Reference Gnd bad
Logged Faults:
None
<-END Faults
..--Previous Faults--->
Active Faults:
064:Front Right sensor electric fail
065:Rear Left sensor electric fail
066:Front Left sensor electric fail
067:Rear Right sensor electric fail
Logged Faults:
None
<-END Faults

After clearing them out I started her up, within about 20 seconds the TC and HDC lights came back on, here are the codes.
1.--Current Faults---->
Active Faults:
None
Logged Faults:
<-END Faults
..--Previous Faults--->
Active Faults:
None
Logged Faults:
<-END Faults
..--Previous Faults--->
Active Faults:
Logged Faults:
None
<-END Faul

Last edited by OJ's DNA; 02-08-2010 at 10:17 PM.
post #28 of 137 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtlSlvr37 View Post
I only have two of the three amigos (TC & DH) lit with the ABS randomly showing up. I feel comfortable working on most D2 projects, and this one looks easy enough, but then again i've said that before and been very wrong.

Anyway I just wanted to see if there is anybody out there looking to make some extra cash for the project. I live around West Chester PA so shoot me a response back if you can do the work.

Just did the fix using the hard wiring and it was pretty easy. The three hex screws are the only problem. Other than that it was easy. It takes about an hour as long as you pre-wire the connectors.

Not sure if this fix will fix your problem but I'm in Syracuse if you can't find anyone closer. Might even be able to do it in Binghamton.
post #29 of 137 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 AM

Hi,

I already had my mechanic replace the shuttle valve, but that didn't work, so I just bought an ABS Amigo and got the following:
1.--Current Faults---->
Active Faults:
Logged Faults:
<-END Faults

Before I attempt it, my mechanically inept-self, just wanted to verify that Option B should take care of this? Also, before even doing that should I try the troubleshooting in the Technical Bulletins on the ABS Amigo site?

Thanks!

Steven
post #30 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 12:37 PM

This looks like a very well thought out and performed fix that I should be able to do. I've had the 3 amigos for a few months so today I'm gonna try to get rid of the lil SOBs. I really appreciate the step by step instructions with detailed pics. Now I've got to check on why my blinkers aren't working for similar instructions and I'm off to try this out. I'll check back in and let everyone know how it go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in