Better blower motor? - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Better blower motor?

2000 D2... I’ve had the truck for over ten years. I’ve corrected the common wiring faults that prevent proper blower operation. The blower motor seems to run well, all speeds work, but not as much airflow from vents as expected. Seems as if there may be a blockage, or perhaps the motor is just weak. I’ve checked the inlet which seems clear and removed blower housing so I could reach in and feel for leaves or other blockage...everything seems clear but still not much airflow from vents. Everything seems to work as it should, air will switch from floor to defrost to dash vents properly, heat to ac works as it should. Any ideas on how I can improve blower performance? Is there a common problem with the climate control that could be causing this? Does the blower motor degrade over time and need replacement? Any advice is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:27 AM
Bleeds Green

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum!

Maybe a blend door isn't operating entirely? The
might give you some answers.

I had a failing motor in a car that just got slower and slower until it wouldn't run at all anymore. It's hard to say without being able to compare your airflow to a fully functioning Disco. The blowers are a bit weak in my opinion.

----
2014 Range Rover Sport HSE
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2004 Discovery SE7
2003 Discovery S7 (sold)

What do you call a Land Rover that doesn't leak? Empty.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:14 AM
Expert Crate Digger

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I helped a friend remove and take apart his blower motor for running slow. We bench checked it adding 12VDC to it via Power Probe III and it seemed to run fine.
Since we already had it out we took it apart, cleaned the filthy fan blades with Fabuloso, thoroughly sprayed out the motor with brake cleaner, after it dried out we lubed the bearings on both ends with Lucas high performance assembly lube, reassembled and bench checked it again.
We thought it spun faster after the cleaning but who knows. It still works even though we did this 2 years ago.

MIKE
- 2001 Discovery 2 SE (NAS LHD) MYRTLE, 110K miles, 4.0L V8, NGK Iridium IX plugs, PCV mod, 180* T-stat, Hayden fan clutch/Dorman fan, removed TBH, SAI modded K&N filter, Safari Gard steel guards, Warn XD9000i winch, KO2 265/75R16 on steel rims, EBC rotors/Akebono pads, +2 TF lift & LEDs
- UltraGauge Blue, Foxwell NT510, Nanocom D2 V8 & TD5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in