I helped a friend remove and take apart his blower motor for running slow. We bench checked it adding 12VDC to it via Power Probe III and it seemed to run fine.
Since we already had it out we took it apart, cleaned the filthy fan blades with Fabuloso, thoroughly sprayed out the motor with brake cleaner, after it dried out we lubed the bearings on both ends with Lucas high performance assembly lube, reassembled and bench checked it again.
We thought it spun faster after the cleaning but who knows. It still works even though we did this 2 years ago.
- 2001 Discovery 2 SE (NAS LHD) “MYRTLE”, 110K miles, 4.0L V8, NGK Iridium IX plugs, PCV mod, 180* T-stat, Hayden fan clutch/Dorman fan, removed TBH, SAI modded K&N filter, Safari Gard steel guards, Warn XD9000i winch, KO2 265/75R16 on steel rims, EBC rotors/Akebono pads, +2” TF lift & LEDs
- UltraGauge Blue, Foxwell NT510, Nanocom D2 V8 & TD5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.