Cdl Kit Install Instructions - Page 3 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 04:08 AM
Tom Sheppard Wanna Be

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feeling my wife's nipple.

I have a 96 Disco I with the factory CDL. I was very excited to hear that my wife's 99, series II, might in fact, also have it. She was very excited when I called her at her office and said, "When you get home, I have to feel around and see if I can find your nipple". She said, "After 40 years, you should know where they are!"...

But seriously folks... If I find her nipple, I just order a D1 CDL shifter, figure out how to install it and she will have a fully functioning CDL? Yee Haa!

Can't wait for her to get home...

HIS: 1996 Discovery Series I, "Saudi" grille, OME 3" lift springs, OME Stabilizer, LR Diff lock, Bilstein shocks, ARB front bumper, WARN M12000, Safety Devices roof rack, LR rear ladder, 4 Hella 4000's, LR OEM driving lights, best of all LR cup-holders.

HERS: 1999 Discovery Series II, OME Stabilizer, LR Brush bar, LR rear ladder, LR Cup-holders. Hella 500's.

Ours: ARB 45QT. Cook Partner, 3 burner stove, REI Camp Kitchen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well?

~Josh

2003 Discovery S (64k miles)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: Oil Pressure Gauge, ScanGaugeII, CDL, Electric CDL Actuator, RoverRacks Rear ladder, Limb Risers, ToddCo Front Drive Shaft, DI Wiper Arms, G4 Upper Rear Lamp Guards, No Amigos since 11/09

Coming soon:
Install Greg Davis rear bumper, Replace 4 ball joints, Replace belt tensioners and pulleys.

For the future:
.... wait and see....
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 04:20 AM
Tom Sheppard Wanna Be

Found her nipple...

Well the tranny on her 99 definitely has the nipple. Now I just want to confirm that I am correct about buying the linkage.

I know it's an old thread but, am I right? Best place to order?

Thanks and Merry almost Christmas...

HIS: 1996 Discovery Series I, "Saudi" grille, OME 3" lift springs, OME Stabilizer, LR Diff lock, Bilstein shocks, ARB front bumper, WARN M12000, Safety Devices roof rack, LR rear ladder, 4 Hella 4000's, LR OEM driving lights, best of all LR cup-holders.

HERS: 1999 Discovery Series II, OME Stabilizer, LR Brush bar, LR rear ladder, LR Cup-holders. Hella 500's.

Ours: ARB 45QT. Cook Partner, 3 burner stove, REI Camp Kitchen.

post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Well the tranny on her 99 definitely has the nipple. Now I just want to confirm that I am correct about buying the linkage.

Thanks and Merry almost Christmas...
You could drop big bucks on an Ashcroft as it is the smoothest and easiest to use.

Lucky8 Llc. - Take the road less traveled...

Or pickup the linkage from a D1 like I did for @ $100 (mine was almost half that), you can find them on the classified section of this forum, craigs list, local salvage yard and even ebay.

Will Tillery is also a great resource - #1 Community For Land Rover Owners - The Rover Guy

Follow Josh's recommendations and instructions and you will be fine.

post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jycsalas View Post
Umm... It won't come on exactly after you turn the "nipple". You have to drive a couple feet forward or reverse. IF ..... and I say IF you have a DIff lock switch connected...

the switch is visible here ) look above the "2009" of the picture time/date

hey josh... where does this diff lock switch connect to?
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDream2 View Post
You could drop big bucks on an Ashcroft as it is the smoothest and easiest to use.

Lucky8 Llc. - Take the road less traveled...

Or pickup the linkage from a D1 like I did for @ $100 (mine was almost half that), you can find them on the classified section of this forum, craigs list, local salvage yard and even ebay.

Will Tillery is also a great resource - #1 Community For Land Rover Owners - The Rover Guy

Follow Josh's recommendations and instructions and you will be fine.
I got an 04 disco 2 shifter from transwest auto salvage in lehi ut for $35 great place to get good used rover parts!!! as a side note i got a 99 disco 2 t-case with 60k for $100 from same place.

Brad Rowe
97 disco 1 lifted and sold
03 disco 2 2" lift safari gaurd front and rear bumpers and rock sliders roof rack 10 k winch 3 hella 4000 full skidd plate drive shaft complete rebuilt motor and cdl and more to come.

08 nissan altima
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 06:05 PM

hi every one . i have discoII03 and i have transfer case from 97disco. can i use the front case of the transfe case only fitted in my disco03??with the shifter?

the best 4X4Xfar
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:

Yes, all you need is the Disco I shifter assy. It is much different than the D II shifter and bolts to the transfer case where the Disco II lever just bolts to the tunnel cover under the arm rest. I just did this conversion on my 01 Disco II, and purchased the D I lever off of ebay for $100 with all of the bolts and hardware. You will need to modify the shift linkage that connects to the low range selector on the t-case and just bend the linkage out so it lines up. Otherwise it just bolts right up. Sort of fun to get to, and there is not much room to work in there, but overall an easy couple hour job.

01 Disco II (Vader), OME suspension lift, ARB bumper, CDL, rear ladder, roof rack, Smittybuilt XRC winch, 265/75/16 Dueler Revo tires,

03 BMW 525iT wagon 5sp manual with sport pkg

02 Chevy 2500 HD
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 01:57 AM

my ranger sport has faulty belt tensioner..quick troubleshooting ?

post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 AM

I did the install using a 04 differential and an D1 shifter. Everything works great except I can't get it all the way into high. Any suggestions....
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 09:04 AM

I have a '03 without the nipple on the T-case. Can I replace mine with any DI/DII T-case that has the nipple? Do I just need to replace the front assembly with the nipple and front output shaft, or the entire T-case?

2003 DII SE7, Front D/S rebuilt, 8mm Kingsbourne plug wires, 92K miles
1994 DI, 130K miles (sold, but still loved)
post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 02:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by harralk View Post
I have a '03 without the nipple on the T-case. Can I replace mine with any DI/DII T-case that has the nipple? Do I just need to replace the front assembly with the nipple and front output shaft, or the entire T-case?
Well, I have a 03 also and the DI Tcase didn't work because the front driveshaft bolt pattern did not match the Tcase. I had to get a DII 2000 Tcase, did a complete swap and it went perfect. Got it together with the Ashcroft lever and it is just awesome. Expensive though but works flawlessly.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 09:01 AM

Any update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harralk View Post
Harralk what did you decided todo, if anything? I also have an 03 and am planning best course of action to get CDL...
post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Garage
Bringing this oldie back to an active topic.
I am in the process of converting my 2000 d2 to a c.d.l. Shifter I have removed From a 1996 d1 that is likely a parts truck.
So I have a complete 2000 d2, a complete trans. And transfer case from a 2001 d2 and a 1996 d1 donor vehicle.
I have removed the shifter from the d1 and un seized it ( was completely seized) I am in the process of test fitting the shifter on the trans. Assembly that I have on the bench. First thing I noticed is the high/ low linkage coming out of the transfer case is different. Also after removing the bolt on shift link to transfer it it too was seized from a lack of use. Easily us seized it and test fitted it on the bench trans. Seems to work well on the bench.
I do have a couple questions regarding the final install on the 2000 d2
1 - I remember reading something about a switch or solenoid problem that can leave you stranded in low range but cannot seem to find the article. What is the recommended modification?
2 - the c.d.l. Indicator is the 2 prong switch on the top of the transfer case on the transmission side? I have not disassembled the 2000 that is the final destination of the c.d.l. Yet, but am wondering if the wiring and indicator light are pre wired on a 2000.
I can take whatever I need from the 1996 but this whole thing doesn't seem as simple as "JUST the shifter"
Will take some pictures for those that are interested

Happy Happy Happy

2002 D2 se7 6 seater . complete engine rebuild with flanged liners , 2 inch lift, terrafirma shocks, LT 275/65r18 Cooper stt tires, d1 modified front bumper, safety devices rack, 30" l.e.d. Light bar
2004 D2 se5 (sold)
2001 D2 se5 (parts truck)
2000 D2 se7 (retired)
1997 D1 (sold)
1957 Series 1 88" future projet
2006 Suburu legacy outback (gets me around when the disco is not)
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Garage
Help
In the middle of my conversion using d1 shifter in my 2000 d2 can't seem to get it to shift hi to low.must say I'm getting confused linkage on the trans pulled forward for ole range correct? Any help iOS appreciated
Also,looks like the c.d.l. Shifter boot may not fit, any experiences?...

Happy Happy Happy

2002 D2 se7 6 seater . complete engine rebuild with flanged liners , 2 inch lift, terrafirma shocks, LT 275/65r18 Cooper stt tires, d1 modified front bumper, safety devices rack, 30" l.e.d. Light bar
2004 D2 se5 (sold)
2001 D2 se5 (parts truck)
2000 D2 se7 (retired)
1997 D1 (sold)
1957 Series 1 88" future projet
2006 Suburu legacy outback (gets me around when the disco is not)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in