Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

code reader

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  intravino 
#1 ·
Hey all! Decided I want to go ahead and get a code reader from autozone or advance or whatever to have when the discovery needs it. What recommendations do you guys have? Thanks so much! I LOVE this forum. Glad I work on the computer most of the day, I like reading through other probs/solutions people have and just the various stuff during the day. Keep it up!

PS-(small rant coming....ha) .....Also glad that I have somewhere to ask questions where I don't have to hear the damn "WHY did you get a Landrover, those things fall apart all the time, you'll go broke keeping it". Thanks, dumbasses. Mind your own beeswax...

-April

#2 ·
Part of picking a code reader has to do with how mechanical you are and can you learn to use some of the more helpful features of a better scanner.
Go to Atlantic British and search for their 3 scanners, cheapest one is good, the middle priced one is great if you can learn to use it. Just remember, most scanners won't read the 3 Amigos codes.

#4 ·
Good idea, thanks for posting the link.

#7 ·
Dang it! I didn't remember to put for it to notif me if I had responses....oh well, I bought one before reading your suggestions...It's an Actron Pocket Scan Plus with "urgency lights" (whatever.) It reads and erases codes and came with a book to tell you what the codes mean. I picked it up for about 60.00 so I think it'll do for now, although I'll keep the link you all replied with. I do have a laptop and maybe would like that better...

-April

#9 ·
Why is this reader better than a $60 Pep Boys ... excuse the ignorance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.