Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Coolant leak at throttle body?

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  JUKE179r 
#1 ·
I've got red buildup at the two black hoses just below the throttle body, and I'm noticing coolant around the air filter. The filter is pinkish, I haven't changed this yet so I'm not sure what color it's supposed to be.

2004 D2
No mods yet, just starting.
HD Front Driveshaft on order.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
So, other then the pre-heater what else is leaking, is the filter wet, is your check engine light on?

#4 ·
So, do you know how to fix the leak?

#6 ·
My first plan was to replace all my cooling hoses and go to 180 t/stat per the "Majors" list. Now I guess I'm replacing the two black hoses under throttle body. Haven't had a chance to review Rave yet, but plan to prior to disassembling anything. Since I just ordered the HD driveshaft from GBR, I need to wait a week or so before buying these parts. I was in the middle of sea foaming the D2. Ran a can in the fuel, 1/2 can in crank case, changed oil. Was going to run the last 1/2 through vacuum lines, and clean throttle body while at it. I'll inspect further for more coolant. Gonna get a new air filter too. Just needs to be done regardless.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#8 ·
If you plan to clean the throttle body, just take it off and replace that heater plate while off. Its ALOT easier let me tell you haha. I replaced it while it was still on because I didn't want to get a new throttle body gasket, but seriously, its not worth it, I have small hands and it was still a bitch, I turned a 15minute job into an hours job.

Good luck with the fix.
Dane.

#10 ·
I was going to chime in and say just bypass the TBH but that gasket is at really great price.

*EDIT*
Hell... I went ahead and bought one. Cheers @bpUtah !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.