How do I test the radio antennae boosters my radio reception is terrible! - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do I test the radio antennae boosters my radio reception is terrible!

I just bought a LR disco 2 and the radio reception is terrible. Long story short, I bought a new head unit thinking it was the head unit that was lacking... The new radio is doing the same thing. I removed the trim around the back windows and found the little blue box at the top of the window that is apparently the booster for the antennae? There is power getting to them via a flat plug and then theres the coax which I believe is the antennae itself. A person on another rover site said he connected regular old speaker wire to the system before the button plug on the window and had a great improvement! I tried hooking up to the buttons, the flat plugs and the coax all with NO affect... I'm guess these blue booster boxes are bad? Is there anything I can do to help out the reception of this terrible stereo system set up?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140607_142215.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	49729   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140607_142220.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	49737  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are both the button snaps attached? I just had to solder one back onto the window. Don't forget, when you fit an aftermarket stereo, you're only using one of the two antennas. The stock radio has a superior "diversity" setup.

When I installed my aftermarket stereo, I did look for an adapter that would allow me to plug the two antennas into one jack. No luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in