How To: Replace Shuttle Valve Seals - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exclamation How To: Replace Shuttle Valve Seals

Finally!

ABS SVS Seals - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.

Enjoy!

~Josh

2003 Discovery S (64k miles)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: Oil Pressure Gauge, ScanGaugeII, CDL, Electric CDL Actuator, RoverRacks Rear ladder, Limb Risers, ToddCo Front Drive Shaft, DI Wiper Arms, G4 Upper Rear Lamp Guards, No Amigos since 11/09

Coming soon:
Install Greg Davis rear bumper, Replace 4 ball joints, Replace belt tensioners and pulleys.

For the future:
.... wait and see....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Mr. t

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Damn, I definitely put mine in the wrong place. Looks like you were right about the thing with purple o rings. I must've pulled out the shuttle valve and the sleeve that encases it. That's why I couldn't find my old seals. Good work though.

Falconworks was wrong I guess, that is the location of the shuttle valves.

\;/ complete rhino coat interior/MP3 converter(removed 6 disc)/Scan gauge II/2" RTE lift/terrafirma +2 shocks/terrafirma damper/RTE tie rod and drag link/tom woods front drive shaft/97 DI CDL/ K&N filter/RTE wide face front bumper/ SD roof rack and rear ladder/goodyear duratrac's 285/75/R16's/Brembo rear rotors and Will Tillery super secret brand front rotors/ Akebono Euro's all the way around/extended stainless brake lines/saudi spec grille/DI wipers/option "B" amigo free/ And Getting Badder Asser as the days go by\;/
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.T View Post
Damn, I definitely put mine in the wrong place. Looks like you were right about the thing with purple o rings. I must've pulled out the shuttle valve and the sleeve that encases it. That's why I couldn't find my old seals. Good work though.

Falconworks was wrong I guess, that is the location of the shuttle valves.
Im sure there was miscommunication. The two center hex caps are absolutely nothing it's just a hex cap with a hole to a blank in the body. Check ur email!

~Josh

2003 Discovery S (64k miles)

Mods: Oil Pressure Gauge, ScanGaugeII, CDL, Electric CDL Actuator, RoverRacks Rear ladder, Limb Risers, ToddCo Front Drive Shaft, DI Wiper Arms, G4 Upper Rear Lamp Guards, No Amigos since 11/09

Coming soon:
Install Greg Davis rear bumper, Replace 4 ball joints, Replace belt tensioners and pulleys.

For the future:
.... wait and see....

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jycsalas View Post
This link is dead. It now points to LandRoverUSA.com, which isn't helpful. I'm about to do the shuttle valve seal replacement and sure would like to know what I'm up against.

Anyone?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thank you for the reply, but this shows you how to replace the shuttle valve switch assembly, not the shuttle valve seals (which leak and cause the switches to fail). I have, however, found where the Land Rover Club V.I. site has gone to, and located the section on replacing the seals. It is located here:

ABS SVS Seals - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in