Intermittant Start Problem - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Angry Intermittant Start Problem

Hey guys hopefully some of you will be able to help me on this as I am stumped. My 02 Disco starts right up some days and other days will crank but won't start. When this happens it's not getting fuel. I've replaced the fuel pump twice as well as the CPS. Phoned a local rover shop and they said that it could possibly be my engine fuse box. I've switched the fuel pump relay for one I know works, but the problem persists. So either I blow 500 quid for a new fuse box or bypass my fuel pump relay. Any thoughts? Am I on the right track?

Thanks,
Barry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Welp, I've had it with Disco II's. Traded it in today for a nice '99 D1. Feels good to be back in a true land rover.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 03:17 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Sorry, I wish I had seen your thread when you first posted it.
My money would have been on a failing crank sensor.
Shout some time, since you are local and lets talk.

Mike

Retired service manager, member of Solihull Society, SCLR, NCLR and the Santa Barbara 4Wheelers clubs.
99 D2, 3" lift, CDL with Detroit,T.T. lockers, 4:11's,H.D. axles, custom ft/rear bumpers with sliders, a 9500 HSI Warn winch and 5 HID's.

To DOWNLOAD the RAVE Manual, follow this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rover Radio issues or IPOD Adapters
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need Parts?

or call 203-770-1699

or call 434-251-9331
P.T. Schram 260-804-0458

Lucky8,

British Parts of Utah,

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Schade

I would seriously consider looking at the ignition timing module. I had the same issue on my classic and couldn't get the mechanics to figure it out. I finally took advice on the forum and switched out the module with a new one, haven't had a starting problem since.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
D2's don't have an ignition timing module.

Mike

Retired service manager, member of Solihull Society, SCLR, NCLR and the Santa Barbara 4Wheelers clubs.
99 D2, 3" lift, CDL with Detroit,T.T. lockers, 4:11's,H.D. axles, custom ft/rear bumpers with sliders, a 9500 HSI Warn winch and 5 HID's.

To DOWNLOAD the RAVE Manual, follow this link

Rover Radio issues or IPOD Adapters

Need Parts?

or call 203-770-1699

or call 434-251-9331
P.T. Schram 260-804-0458

Lucky8,

British Parts of Utah,
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
We had one we did everything to fix, wouldn't start,no spark.

Turned out to be the fusebox/IDM in the passenger compartment.

Mike-first post said the CkPS had been replaced twice.

Yes, I am still alive, and still in the Rover parts business.
Text me for greatest likelihood of finding me.

260-804-0458
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in