New member/new rover owner intro - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New member/new rover owner intro

Hi all,

New member and a new rover owner. I've got a 99 Disco II with 130k that I aquired a short while ago. Used to 4 wheel with NE4W, and had built several rock rigs based on toyota, jeep, and suzuki's, but military service and a subsequent family put me out of the hobby for a while. Looking to get back into it, and am looking forward to asking and contributing to the forum. Will spend some time reading past posts before I start asking questions. I'll also put up some pics of my disco shortly.

Best, Gregg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome and thank you for your service to our country. I appreciate all that you have
done.

I have a 99 as well and you are in for some work but that is half the fun. Reading on the topics is the best thing you can do to get to know the quirkiness of a Disco. It can be crazy around here so have fun.

Have a great day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome, Gregg, good to have you join our little bunch on the forum.

We have a 1999 Disco 2 V8 manual box, it has just passed 100K miles last week, but only 11K in our ownership.

Get hold of the RAVE CD from land_rover service manual or the Green Oval website. It's a huge source of factory data and work procedures, everyone should have it on their PC.

We are in the UK BTW, so often we have to think about designating 'driver;s side' and 'passenger side' when we talk about a handed component!

Regards,

Peter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

email:

web:

web:

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm in the US, so I'll make sure when appropriate to designate "US Drivers Side" for you folks over the pond.

Best, Gregg
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 05:45 AM
Reptile Expert

welcome
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 03:24 PM

Welcome to the disco world, i too came from a jeep crowd, lol.

2003 Discovery S
flipped

1995 RRC LWB 25 Ann. Ed.: Full 5" RTE Suspension Lift, Front and rear RTE Bumpers, Roof Rack, 36" Super Swamper TSL on steelies, Gears, Axles, Lockers, RE 12,000.
LebanonOffRoad.com - Roco4x4.com -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in