Rear Sunroof loose connector? Plus rear A/C - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rear Sunroof loose connector? Plus rear A/C

Hi Im new. Def gonna post more later.

Ive been having a 2003 disco II Se7 for half a year now, but the rear sunroof and rear ac don't work. Im working my way from the front to the back and I came across a plug with the yellow and green wires loose but not on both switches in the front. Should this be connect? It was wrapped in foam. But I cant see where it would go.
*It had a leak in the front sunroof the would let water in all infront of the headliner.*

Also any idea what should be replaced regarding these if the car has been sitting for 5+ years... I know lol. It still has the motor for the sunroof and rear ac blower. Maybe motor needs to be replaced come to think about it?
Everything works fine subwoofer and all speakers/ windows etc. Its just the rear ac and sunroof. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

I guess I have to insert photo in code text? I pulled out the sunroof switches in front and theres the conectors loose behind it. Ive checked back switch and all is connected.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:58 PM
Bleeds Green

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Fairly frequently people will disconnect the switch for the back sunroof if the motor goes bad. Hook it up and give it a shot. If it still doesn't work, check the fuse. If the fuse is bad, replace it. If it still doesn't work (and maybe blows the fuse) you probably have a bad rear sunroof motor. Fixing it isn't too hard, but it does require lowering the headliner.

----
2014 Range Rover Sport HSE
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2004 Discovery SE7
2003 Discovery S7 (sold)

What do you call a Land Rover that doesn't leak? Empty.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Ahh I'm believing its a bad motor now too. I've checked fuses under hood fl8 and the one under driver dash and they were good. Only thing is I don't know where to connect the loose connector. Its a round cylinder with holes and it doesn't connect to either of the switches.

Time to undo the front I guess..
On the upside. My headliner is a lil wonky so getting to the motor to see everything up there wasn't a problem. Hope its good lol Thanks.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:25 PM
very disco

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
i realize this post is about a month dead, but for anybody who happens upon it..

i recently got my current 03SE7 a couple of months ago, PO informed me that the rear roof didn't work and did leak.

during my testing, i routed the motor leads from the front switch to the rear motor.
when powered from the front switch, the rear roof tried to open but failed while rising. i closed it fully, hit open again, and it made a little noise that sounded like mechanical energy being released, but it opened!
i then restored the electrical configuration and reconnected the rear roof to the rear switch, and it continued to work. i believe that the roof was jammed (or corroded) shut.
perhaps the wiring to the rear roof cannot sustain sufficient amperage to break loose? perhaps the leaking had corroded some of the electrical connections?

your mileage will definitely vary, but it's a SUPER simple test to perform and paid off big time for me

2003 Disco 2 SE7 - going to be buried in it
2006 RR Sport HSE - project
1997 Disco SE - SOLD
2003 Disco 2 SE7 - SOLD
1995 Disco SE - SOLD
2001 Disco 2 SE - SOLD
Foxwell NT510, Nanocom EVO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in