Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Rear wiper and rear tire carrier?

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tyl604 
#1 ·
Am I missing something? it looks like I need to remove the spare tire to replace the rear wiper blade; is that true?

Also what is the easiest/ cheapest way to update the spare tire carrier to allow a 32.5" tire to fit?

#4 ·
Taking of the spare makes it easier but I was able to remove and replace with a new blade without removing it. It took a little bit of strategic moves but it was certainly possible.

#5 ·
Thanks guys. I ordered the rear carrier part. Will change th wiper when I install i.

#6 ·
Youtube to replace rear wiper

Guys - to replace just the rear blade is simple. The new blade goes with the hump toward the driver's side. Just twist a screwdriver blade 1.25 inches to the right of the end of the wiper arm. The old blade is simply pressed in and it will pop out. Then place the new blade between the arm and the glass and press. It will pop in. Takes about sixty seconds. No need to remove the spare tire.

This fellow mentions it about two or three minutes in on youtube:

#7 ·
Thanks @tyl604 and Welcome to the forum.

#8 ·
Has been around and regularly active since 2008 but I’m sure he appreciates the sentiment ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.