Spark Plug Wire Problems - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Spark Plug Wire Problems

I just recently replaced the plugs and wires in my 04 DII. I got the wires from the local land rover dealer. My problem is the cylinder 7 plug that goes on the bottom of the coil keeps coming off at the coil. When I try to push it back on it doesn't click in. All I can do is press it as securely as possible and move on. I've tried two different wires. Is there anything on the coil that can be causing this? I am just trying to avoid having to pull the coils out because I have a feeling that requires major amounts of parts removal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoFever88 View Post
I just recently replaced the plugs and wires in my 04 DII. I got the wires from the local land rover dealer. My problem is the cylinder 7 plug that goes on the bottom of the coil keeps coming off at the coil. When I try to push it back on it doesn't click in. All I can do is press it as securely as possible and move on. I've tried two different wires. Is there anything on the coil that can be causing this? I am just trying to avoid having to pull the coils out because I have a feeling that requires major amounts of parts removal.
I remember being unable to get a lot of "push" on those lower coil connections. You might try a little dialectric grease on the inside of the boot as well.
If that doesn't work, I would get an inspection mirror and check out that coil connection and make sure it's not cracked or broken and is clear inside.

Oh Crikey! It's the Albanian Rozzers.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks. I will see what I can do visually with all the room down there lol I have a feeling I need to replace the coils anyways. it still has a small hiccup when its idling after new plugs and wires. Just double checking its possible to pull the coils without pulling the intake manifold? Ive looked it up but its always yes/no. Ill go off of my thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in