Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Transmission question...?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Disco Mike 
#1 ·
I was just wondering how your car feels when it shifts while in low gear. I was out today at an off roading spot and the shifts from 1st to 2nd seemed kinda hard. I haven't ridden in any other Rover so I am not sure if it is supposed to be like that. It has 64k on the odometer. Is it ususlly a very smooth shift while in low range or kinda harder? Hi range seems to be fine but not sure about low range. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

#2 ·
Better to have a firm shift then one that slips. Your tranny shifts is regulated by the ECU and it will wind up pretty hard and shift pretty hard.
Don't worry.
Mike

#3 ·
This is my first 4x4 vehicle so I am not sure what to expect. I have only had it in low range a couple times. Last time I used it I was in a dry creek bed so I was moving very slowly most of the time. Today I was in an area that is more open so you will tend to go faster. So you think it is alright? I just don't want to damage anything!

#6 ·
Now the fun part for you will be to test out you CDL, locking t/case, and find all that extra traction you didn't know you had.
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.