Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

05 LR3 Tailgate issue

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lexor40cal 
#1 ·
New to site.
Need to confirm why my tailgate sounds like it is unlocking but won't open. Does anyone have step by step solution. Assuming something is wrong with some type of mechanical release assembly function. It sounds as if operating as usual when opening by latch release but doesn't. Emergency release instructions doesn't work. Any experience and direction would be appreciated. PDH

#4 ·
Tail Gate problem

Hi, we have just bought a 2006 LR3 and we have the exact same problem with our tailgate, all the electronics work but the door will just not open. I noticed that you posted 2 weeks ago, have you had any luck with fixing the problem? I have opened most of the inside, but I can't seem to access the latch to manually open the door. I think I need to get under the lower part of the tailgate which is proving to be very difficult. Let me know if you were able to fix yourself or if you had to go to the dealer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.