Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

2006 LR3 V8 EGR Valve Vacuum Leak

11K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  chadjones99 
#1 ·
As stated above, I have a 2006 LR3 V8 HSE with a vacuum leak. After a smoke test, I was able to pinpoint the area of the leak. Smoke comes out of the top of the EGR valve. I removed the valve and ensured it wasn't stuck open or closed.

Question, is the EGR valve supposed to let vacuum through it? I don't think so. Could there be a crack in it? Trying to get some insight before I spend $240 on the fix.

#4 ·
EGR vacuum leak

I just did a smoke test and found 2 leaks I had the code for P0171 bank 1 lean , replaced front O2 sensor then cleaned back sensors , replaced spark plugs and coils , etc all of which it needed anyway it helped ,but I have a intermittent code for bank one and it will miss fire under the right load also . Sometimes runs perfect. anyway did a smoke test . 1 leak was easy around the bottom of the oil filler cap tube. Replaced O rings 2nd leak is around the EGR valve solenoid. I thinking of just doing a block off plate between the EGR and the solenoid . Has anyone been able to link this small vacuum leak to driveability issues ? and I see this post was April 2018 what was your outcome ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.