Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

About to get a 2007 LR3 SE

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Geotrash 
#1 ·
I have my eye on a 2007 LR3 SE, but it's standard, no options. I've asked the salesman if it's possible to install the navigation package that comes with the HSE. But he told me it never came with it and that it's not even an option. Is that right? I really like the feature that makes you see where your wheels are pointed in off-road situations.

I was also thinking about fitting xenon lights also. Unfortunately, it doesn't have heated seats, which would be beneficial.

Price is $27k for 45k miles. Is that too high?

Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
my 07 SE with a winter package (front and rear heated seats), 3rd row seating, no navigation, satellite radio, steering wheel controls and bluetooth with 22k, was about $27k. (EDIT/correction: It had just under 21k and the sale was just under $31k) Are you are talking to an LR dealer about a lease return, (mine was) or is it on some other lot. Check Edmunds and or NADA.......the price sounds a bit high.

I have been told that the LR cannot be retro fitted with Nav system. I understand you can get a good aftermarket model, that is fitted to look like OEM for less than 2K. Maps and a smart phone are a lot cheaper ;)

#3 ·
I payed 24,500 for my '06 LR3 SE with NO options and about 32,000 miles in Orange County... but mine has nothing. No heated seats, no nav, no xenon headlights, non-automatic headlights, no parking sensors, no adaptive cruise control.

#4 ·
In March I bought a 2007 SE with the HD, winter package 3rd row, AND the factory nav system for $33K with 28K miles, so that price seems fair. Your salesman is full of it on the nav. Very happy with my LR3 so far and have taken it off road, but the wheel placement screen is not so useful as to be indispensable, and the nav portion won't let you enter an address if the vehicle is moving. I find I use my iPhone for nav if I change destination enroute. Don't get me wrong, I like having it but if I wouldn't make it a must have if I was shopping, knowing what I do now. You can have a nice aftermarket nav unit installed in the cubby after you buy.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.