Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

brake sensor replacement question

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  LR3inRVA 
#1 ·
A question, foillowing on DCLR3s post.

What is the best way/proper work sequence to get to the sensor plug/connection when replacing the sensors? I did mine last month, and got to the plugs, but damn, it was not easy, especially the front.

For the front, are you supposed to take out the wheel well plastic, and reinstall? I got to the plug by removing just a few conectors and working hard/skinning knuckles....there has to be a better way!

Thanks

#5 ·
I've found all sorts of clips at my local specialty fastener shop. GM and Saturn part #'s all work. Local body shops might be able to help you out by letting you know where they purchase from. I found 1 LR clip at around $4.25 ea vs $0.28ea using GM part #'s.

#7 ·
Buy the cheap tool for pulling out the fasteners, that way you can reuse all of them, pull them all out and pull the whole palstic guard out, it is not a difficult job, easier than fighting blind to get to the connector, you can also clean all of the junk (leaves etc, out from behind it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.