Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Brake wear on 06 SE

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LR3inRVA 
#1 ·
Just bought my 06 LR3 a month or so back with 58K miles. Driven it about 400 miles in that time and noticed what seems to be an excessive amount of brake dust on the rims. The sensor is not tripped so the pads must still have enough meat on them. Just a little bit of sqeeking when the brakes are applied.

Any thoughts on what could cause this wear? My first assumption is that someone did a pad slap with cheap pads prior to my purchase.

Does anyone have recommendations on the best pads?

Thanks all!

#2 ·
I used Wagnor pads, so far so good (about 5-8K since changing).

I would ask about what happens if the sensor is not installed/wired. I do not know, but if it is not hooked up, does the light stay on, or go out? I do not know.

When I investigated pad and rotor issues, I was told the rotors go about every other pad change, and pads might last around 30-35K. if you are in the upper 50s, you might be getting there. Did you get it from an LR dealer, or somewhere else. LR is no gaurentee all was done correctly, but if not, there ius a chance it was not.

Not meaning to spread fear, just asking a few questions. The dust could just be cheap pads and everything else is fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.