Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Discovery 2 to LR3 Transition?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LR3inRVA 
#1 ·
My ’03 Discovery took a pretty good hit to the front end this morning; the damage is mostly cosmetic, but I’m pretty sure the insurance company will total the truck. Naturally, I’m considering the LR3, but I have little experience with them.

1. With my RAVE CD, a decent toolbox and a help from this site, there was no problem that came up on my D2 that I could not solve myself. What are the chances of his being the case for the LR3?

2. I’m trying to stick to LR certified pre-owned; that’s how I got my D2 and I was very happy. With that and my budget, I’m probably looking at ‘07’s. Anything good or bad in particular about the ‘07’s that I should know about?

Also, any general commentary on switching from a D2 to an LR3 would be appreciated.

“Trying to stay in a Rover” :drive:
-Rich Murray

#2 ·
my only experience is with on 07 LR3. So far, love it. It is my inderstanding that the RAVE CD is useless for the LR3, but you can dowload, from Land Rover website, any and all manuals. I have found common issue (brakes) information posted for my use, but that is all I have needed so far.

I bought a pre-owned certified from local LR dealer. I have, for the last 15 years, bought all vehicles that way, except a $400 truck and a TR6. IT is the best bet that there are no known issues with the vehicle, IMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.