Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Frozen Nav/Info Screen

23K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  sunlion 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, but I am finding it very useful as I begin to experience more of the little quirks of Land Rover ownership. I have an 08 LR3 HSE with 18k on it. Last night I fired it up to drive home and the nav screen froze on the Land Rover symbol that is displayed when you open the car. It never moved from the logo for the hour long drive home. It would not respond to any input via touch or the buttons. Anyone else had this happen before? I have not checked to see that it is working yet today as I drove another vehicle to work, but I imagine it works just fine now :) Any thought would be appreciated.

Many thanks...

#4 ·
Your view screen has lost communication with the amp and CD ROM drive under the front seats is one possible cause. There is a TSB on pinched wires to do with this. Mine had corroded connections along the passenger side sill trim panel and caused the exact same symtom.

There are also software updates available as this has also been traced to computer problems in the past.

#5 ·
Well it has been a bit over a year since I posted this, but thanks for the replies. To update you, I did have the problem repeat one additional time. I took it to the dealer and they of course were not able to replicate the problem, but did reflash the electronics. Knock on wood, it has not happened since. I hope this helps. Thanks again for the posts.

#6 ·
EVERYONE READ!!!!! I searched ad nauseum to solve this problem. It's the Nokia module, buy a fiber optic bypass from amazon, 10$, for BMW, Audi..... it takes 10 seconds to install, bypasses the phone module which is causing the fault, everything else will work seamlessly after that. Make sure you purchase the female bypass, not the male, pull the fiber optic cord out of the module attach the bypass to it turn your car on it will work perfectly, sans phone.

#8 ·
old post helpful....

....a while back I did the Nav screen mod which to access more features (cut the 4th yellow wire) but that mod took away 4x4 info data which I now need. In undoing this mod (reconnecting the cut wire) I messed up the fiber optic input and got the frozen screen. I took the nav module further apart and the clip where the cable attached to the back of the circuit board was broken. This is what causes the frozen screen. The clip is small and could not be mended. I then used my daughters hot glue gun to reattach the fiber optic cable using whatever female bits were left. You’ve got to press the male part evenly to the female housing. Sorry, didn’t take pics, but it worked. I didn’t need the bypass. This only makes sense if you take all the metal brackets off the back of the housing and the plastic surround on the front. Cheers, Ravi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.