Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Need Help! AC Compressor for a 2005 4.0L V6!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lrmike 
#1 ·
Here's the deal. I have a long time customer with a 2005 LR3 / Disco 3.
The unusual problem is that the AC compressor clutch has, well, broken off! The entire front of the clutch is missing and I can see where the metal looks broken near the center.
I would like to source a used compressor to replace the clutch assembly, but here's the real hitch - the truck is 4.0L V6 (petrol). Since so few were sold here in the states, I can't find a secondhand one available through anyone!
The US interchange guide indicates this is only used on 2005 through 2007 Land Rover LR3 V6 models. Not a lot of help. What I am hoping is that someone can clue me in to either a reputable UK salvage yard willing to ship, or a better parts interchange so I can have a better hope of finding one!
Looked on the side of the unit and could not find the manufacturer - even that would help at this point.
BTW: A new one from LRNA is nearly $1000.00 and several weeks shipping from the UK!
Anyone who can help I would appreciate ideas!
Mike

#3 ·
Yep, we figured that out, thank you bpUtah. The other thing we figured out was that they are currently unavailable through the LRNA warehouse.
Unfortunately she opted to not repair the truck but headed for the dealership to trade it in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.