Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

New LR3 Owner - some questions on mods

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  roverandom 
#1 ·
Hi there. I Just purchased a 2006 LR3SE and it's pretty good so far. I tend to mod my cars so they don't just looks like everyone else's. Are there any good sites out there for aftermarket parts? for instance: mesh grills, lamp guards, protection A frame front bar, side steps, etc? Seems like the OEM items are extremely expensive.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi there,
Welcome to the land of electronic wizardry, where in the world are you? Australia? Typically myself I've gone to 4X4 outlets, TJM, ARB, ORE, the list is long and distinguished, just a case of personal preference, what you like the look of and what you are prepared to pay. When it comes down to fitting some accessories it's better to do them in a logical order so you don't have to take off already fitted accessories to fit new "stuff", rear wheel carrier, long range tank and drawer system is an example, you can't get the bolts for the long range tank after the rear wheel carrier has been fitted the rear wheel carier has to come off to get access to the chassis rails, well that was what I found out anyway, luckily I got this one the right way round.
In most cases good an cheap don't usually go in the same sentence, saying that there are exceptions to the rule. The LR accessories are expensive, I grant you that. This is my opinion no doubt others will vary, take from it what you will.

#4 ·
Ha, I was just in the windy city a week or so ago. Saw the sights, took in the Eagle's concert at Soldier Field and Harry Connick Jr at the Chicago Theater. I even managed a Cubs game. Nice city.

Anyway, if you like the Land Rover accessories but don't want to pay dealer retail you can find great deals on the second hand market. I managed to pick up a genuine LR roof rack that cost $400, tow bar adaptor with all the wiring for $200 and the A bar with LR lights for $300. Takes a little time and effort to track them down but the LR stuff fits nicely, good quality and go's with the design of the vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.